C% tire search

Old March 22nd 09, 04:08 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
C Courtney

Default C% tire search

Hey everyone thanks for the info that is heading my way

Looking for best set of run flats for a C5? I can't think of not having run
flats.
Where is the best place to get them? Which are quite, best wear, best
performance, best price??????

Thanks

Old March 22nd 09, 01:40 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 21, 11:08*pm, "C Courtney" >
wrote:
> Hey everyone thanks for the info that is heading my way
>
> Looking for best set of run flats for a C5? I can't think of not having run
> flats.
> Where is the best place to get them? Which are quite, best wear, best
> performance, best price??????
>
> Thanks

You should consider changing over to Michelin PS2's with a tire
repair kit and Tire Foam in a can. They are far quieter and handle
better than RunFlats. Thats what i did on my 2006 .

Old March 22nd 09, 01:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

> wrote in message
On Mar 21, 11:08 pm, "C Courtney" >
wrote:
> Hey everyone thanks for the info that is heading my way
>
> Looking for best set of run flats for a C5? I can't think of not
> having run
> flats.
> Where is the best place to get them? Which are quite, best wear,
> best
> performance, best price??????
>
> Thanks

+You should consider changing over to Michelin PS2's with a tire
+repair kit and Tire Foam in a can. They are far quieter and handle
+better than RunFlats. Thats what i did on my 2006 .

Tirerack.com, Firestone RFT, and tire foam will kill about $80 worth
of tire pressure sensor; depending on the year of your C5.

Old March 22nd 09, 02:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Roy[_2_]

"C Courtney" > wrote in message
> Hey everyone thanks for the info that is heading my way
>
> Looking for best set of run flats for a C5? I can't think of not having
> run flats.
> Where is the best place to get them? Which are quite, best wear, best
> performance, best price??????
>
> Thanks

Lot of folks going to Firestone. Tire Rack has probably the best price, but
ya have to factor shipping.

Old March 23rd 09, 12:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Blue C5

On Mar 22, 12:08*am, "C Courtney" >
wrote:
> Hey everyone thanks for the info that is heading my way
>
> Looking for best set of run flats for a C5? I can't think of not having run
> flats.
> Where is the best place to get them? Which are quite, best wear, best
> performance, best price??????
>
> Thanks

I bought Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ZPs (Zero Pressure) in April of 06
for my 2000 C5. These are run flats. 34,234 on the car at the time.
I had them installed at Alban Tire in Springfield Virginia. They were
less than Tire Rack including installation.

Much quieter than the Good Years after 12,000 miles of driving on
them. You can still talk on concrete roads. Wider range in pressure
build up than the GY were. On a hot road, they may go up 5 lbs, GY
went up about three.

I am satisfied with them and would recommend them.

Fronts $248 ea
Rear $376 ea
Scrap Tire Fee $10
Balance $50
Total for 4: $1,320.

Part Search Spike Ford Mustang 1 February 22nd 08 07:29 PM
In Search of Part 710 E 4x4 2 September 27th 06 03:09 AM
Req: VIN Search Đavīd Ford Mustang 2 October 14th 05 10:48 PM
Good tire search engines? Mark Carroll General 0 July 11th 05 01:13 PM
2005 GT Search Michael Ford Mustang 6 April 27th 05 08:21 PM