99 A6 with body squeaks

Old April 26th 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dale Webler

Default 99 A6 with body squeaks

Have a '99 A6 V6 with 115K miles. Recently, the car had some major front
end noises and had to have both lower control arms and ball joints replaced.
After fix, still hear some squaking (probably unrelated to front end)
noises. Sounds like they are coming from the springs - getting in and out
of car. The 120K major tune-up (replace timing belt and water pump) is
coming up. Looking at the maintenance punch list of items, I can't tell if
these squeaks will be taken care of or if I have to specifically point them
out. Can anyone recommend specific things to do to address these?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Old April 27th 07, 07:10 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Fergus

"Dale Webler" > wrote in message
> Have a '99 A6 V6 with 115K miles. Recently, the car had some major front
> end noises and had to have both lower control arms and ball joints
> replaced. After fix, still hear some squaking (probably unrelated to front
> end) noises. Sounds like they are coming from the springs - getting in
> and out of car. The 120K major tune-up (replace timing belt and water
> pump) is coming up. Looking at the maintenance punch list of items, I
> can't tell if these squeaks will be taken care of or if I have to
> specifically point them out. Can anyone recommend specific things to do
> to address these?
>
> Thanks for any advice you can offer.

that will be the spring retaining cups............dried out.

can't see this being on a major tune up.

you could try a penetrating lub spray on the end of each spring.

Old April 30th 07, 09:11 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Had the same problem...
Replace a link/arm - $51CDN and 1 1/2hr labour at the dealer.
This arm / link is connected to the suspension and to the xeon lights
system.
so as the car moves up and down the lights are adjusted.
The noise went away. after I changed it,

Old May 1st 07, 03:45 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dale Webler

Thanks for the feedback guys. Both are good ideas I'll follow up on.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Had the same problem...
> Replace a link/arm - $51CDN and 1 1/2hr labour at the dealer.
> This arm / link is connected to the suspension and to the xeon lights
> system.
> so as the car moves up and down the lights are adjusted.
> The noise went away. after I changed it,
>

> On Apr 27, 2:10 am, "Fergus" > wrote:
>> "Dale Webler" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Have a '99A6V6 with 115K miles. Recently, the car had some major front
>> > end noises and had to have both lower control arms and ball joints
>> > replaced. After fix, still hear some squaking (probably unrelated to
>> > front
>> > end) noises. Sounds like they are coming from the springs - getting in
>> > and out of car. The 120K major tune-up (replace timing belt and water
>> > pump) is coming up. Looking at the maintenance punch list of items, I
>> > can't tell if thesesqueakswill be taken care of or if I have to
>> > specifically point them out. Can anyone recommend specific things to
>> > do
>> > to address these?

>> > Thanks for any advice you can offer.

>> that will be the spring retaining cups............dried out.
>>
>> can't see this being on a major tune up.
>>
>> you could try a penetrating lub spray on the end of each spring.

98 squeaks groans [email protected] Ford Explorer 5 June 24th 05 11:58 PM
96 SL1 clutch squeaks jogone Saturn 2 February 14th 05 04:09 AM
Squeaks! [email protected] BMW 2 December 12th 04 01:41 AM
Damned Squeaks Morien Morgan Mazda 11 October 27th 04 02:50 AM
Seat squeaks in Ion Warren Saturn 2 May 21st 04 01:15 AM