156 engine light flashing

Old December 16th 06, 04:09 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R D S

Default 156 engine light flashing

What does a flashing engine light represent? (156 20TS)

It stopped flashing and there were no stored fault codes.

Cheers,

Rick

Old December 17th 06, 07:54 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Paul Woodsford

"R D S" > wrote in message
> What does a flashing engine light represent? (156 20TS)
>
> It stopped flashing and there were no stored fault codes.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rick

Rick, it's only a week since you last posted!
I'm afraid I cannot advise on the 156. I had a similar flashing light on my
147 which cleared within 5 secs and hasn't reappeared for the past 21/2
years. Hopefully, like mine it is of no significance.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

Old December 17th 06, 08:49 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
50uph3rb

R D S wrote:
> What does a flashing engine light represent? (156 20TS)
>
> It stopped flashing and there were no stored fault codes.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rick

Hey Rick,

I had a flashing engine light on my 156 2.0 JTS, and took it into my
local alfa garage - It turned out to be a faulty Lamba sensor, so easy
job for them to do, and I think it was covered by my warrantee..

Hope this helps..

Rick

Old December 17th 06, 09:15 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Spark

"50uph3rb" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>R D S wrote:
>> What does a flashing engine light represent? (156 20TS)
>>
>> It stopped flashing and there were no stored fault codes.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rick

> Hey Rick,
>
> I had a flashing engine light on my 156 2.0 JTS, and took it into my
> local alfa garage - It turned out to be a faulty Lamba sensor, so easy
> job for them to do, and I think it was covered by my warrantee..
>
> Hope this helps..
>
> Rick

A flashing engine light... ie a regular flash as against coming on for a bit
and then going off usually signifies a misfire, it's meant to tell you that
cat damage may result from driving the car.