Diesel 6.2 L Water in Fuel Problems HELPPP!!

Old June 14th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default Diesel 6.2 L Water in Fuel Problems HELPPP!!

HI,

I have a Chevy 1985 6.2L Diesel p/u that for may months has had teh
water in fuel indicator lit up. I removed the water filter / seperator
earlier, tipped out the fluid and then reattached it. The truck
started up and then suddenly cut out. And since then as many times as
I have tried to start the truck up it will not start up. Can anyone
tell me what is wrong and how I can remedy the situation, please.
Thank you for any assistance or advice.
Old June 14th 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
PeterD

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:14:52 -0500, "Tom" >
wrote:

>you need to purge the air out of the fuel system.
>i am not sure if your 85 has an electric fuel pump to fill the fuel filter
>or not.
>try removing the filter/water separator assembly, and filling to up with
>clean fuel or diesel kleen, then try starting it again. it may catch.
> wrote in message
>> HI,
>>
>> I have a Chevy 1985 6.2L Diesel p/u that for may months has had teh
>> water in fuel indicator lit up. I removed the water filter / seperator
>> earlier, tipped out the fluid and then reattached it. The truck
>> started up and then suddenly cut out. And since then as many times as
>> I have tried to start the truck up it will not start up. Can anyone
>> tell me what is wrong and how I can remedy the situation, please.
>> Thank you for any assistance or advice.

Also do not let it sit for months with teh water in filter light one!
Water, once it gets into the injection pump and injectors is fatal to
either. Light comes on, drain the filter, easy to do.
Old June 14th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Tom[_2_]

Old June 14th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Alvarez Kelly

Have You Tried pouring a can of 'Dry-out' from your local auto parts
store into your fuel tank?

Old June 23rd 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Mack Fan

Chilt2--you have AIR in your Fuel system--as You tipped out the Water? &
just re-installed the Filter--Re-Move the water filter Again--& fill it
UP Again w/ Clean Fuel & Break --all your Injectors--just enough so they
Leak a Little--Turn over your Engine until All the Air Bubbles Excape!
& just Fuel runs out! --NO BUBLES!--Tighen back Up all your Injectors
--& it will Start & Run!--Shut it Down again! & Wipe UP all the Excess
Fuel thats Ran all over Things &Your DONE! --Mack
Fan--