Owner Ages?

Old September 29th 06, 04:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Frank M.

Default Owner Ages?

Hi...
I've been driving staid German machines over the last 20 years, but am
feeling the need for more excitement and perhaps a new or late C6. I
usually participate in the car clubs and auto rallys and, being a
senior citizen, would feel out of place if there were only much
younger participants at these events. (i'm several years into social
security.)
I'd appreciate any feedback from older members on their experiences
owning a Corvette (positive or negative), and how many seniors they
are aware of or encountered as fellow owners. ( While some might
consider "older" as over 50, in my case it means "over 65".) Thanks.
--
Frank M.
Old September 29th 06, 05:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Frank M." > wrote in message
> Hi...
> I've been driving staid German machines over the last 20 years, but am
> feeling the need for more excitement and perhaps a new or late C6. I
> usually participate in the car clubs and auto rallys and, being a
> senior citizen, would feel out of place if there were only much
> younger participants at these events. (i'm several years into social
> security.)
> I'd appreciate any feedback from older members on their experiences
> owning a Corvette (positive or negative), and how many seniors they
> are aware of or encountered as fellow owners. ( While some might
> consider "older" as over 50, in my case it means "over 65".) Thanks.
> --
> Frank M.

About 60% of the C5 owners are over 50, check out this poll -
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...l&pollid=5 61
Good group and great people in most cases.

Most of our club and the NCCC are at that 50 age group and older. My first
Corvette was in the fall of 1956 and my last purchase was in the fall of 2004.

Get it and don't look back, not many will be gaining on you anyhow. ;-)
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old September 29th 06, 05:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

I just got back from Funfest , a national corvette festival in southern
Illinois which runs the entire weekend. Over 18,000 corvettes showed up
, most were C5 and C6's .... and the great majority of those Owners
were 55 plus . The C6 is typically associated with older men who can
afford the luxury of owning one and who enjoy the performance and
corvette culture . Git one !

Old September 29th 06, 06:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Frank M. wrote:
> Hi...
> I've been driving staid German machines over the last 20 years, but am
> feeling the need for more excitement and perhaps a new or late C6. I
> usually participate in the car clubs and auto rallys and, being a
> senior citizen, would feel out of place if there were only much
> younger participants at these events. (i'm several years into social
> security.)
> I'd appreciate any feedback from older members on their experiences
> owning a Corvette (positive or negative), and how many seniors they
> are aware of or encountered as fellow owners. ( While some might
> consider "older" as over 50, in my case it means "over 65".) Thanks.

Experience: Always positive. (ex 911 owner)-- remember, that on a quiet
night you can hear a Porsche rusting! Next best thing to a daylight
catshot on a calm sea.

In SoCal, there's plenty of white hair at meetings, road and show
events. Much less at drags, street scenes and around the 'tune-up' shops.

Keep in mind that you will be judged by the "well over 70 crowd" by the
ease and grace you display entering and exiting the car.

Clue: Use your left elbow against the body to gain leverage for a spry
exit--makes you competitive with the Gen X and Gen Y folk. (You'll be
judged down if you are caught using the steering wheel for leverage.)

--PJ (age 73 but still paying into Social Security)
'89 Hookercar + '02 e-blu 6-spd
Old September 30th 06, 01:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:21:17 GMT, Frank M.
> wrote:

>Hi...
>I've been driving staid German machines over the last 20 years, but am
>feeling the need for more excitement and perhaps a new or late C6. I
>usually participate in the car clubs and auto rallys and, being a
>senior citizen, would feel out of place if there were only much
>younger participants at these events. (i'm several years into social
>security.)
>I'd appreciate any feedback from older members on their experiences
>owning a Corvette (positive or negative), and how many seniors they
>are aware of or encountered as fellow owners. ( While some might
>consider "older" as over 50, in my case it means "over 65".) Thanks.

Well ... I also receive a monthly allowance from the Social Security
Administration... But have owned Corvettes for a long long time...

I sure do not feel out of place... nor do I feel I am a member of an
AARP sponsered car club... when I attend Corvette events.. This
year my wife and I attended the C3 gathering in Tenn in June, Did
Corvettes at Carlisle in August, Attended the Labor Day event at the
National Corvette Museum, in September and in a few weeks will be
going to Ocean City Maryland for another Corvette weekend... Plus a
ton of local Car events ....

Actually 25-30 years ago I was "into" Corvettes for the car itself,
into driving them for my own pure pleasure, today I still am, but to
be honest The social factor ..associating with other Corvette "people"
has become just as important to me.

Bob G.
64 72 & 98 Convertibles
76 & 79 Coupes...

..
Corvette "people" are great people, I do not care where we go there is
always someone who engages us in a conversation when we pull up in one
of the Corvettes..

Old October 2nd 06, 12:33 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Maddog

Hi

I'm 76 years old..still have a 1993 Vette and a 1967 Shelby GT -500 and do
all the work major and minor myself..( used to own my own business named
Mustang Motors.)...also have an Eldorado..24' Trophy boat and a jet ski..use
them all.. Also several mechanical antiques and 25 or so
rifles/pistols/machine guns....use them all ..go to the range nearby..live
in Florida where it is legal to own all sorts of weapons and also carry
concealed ...also NO car inspections of any kind...
Only comments I have received are that some people are shocked I still ride
a jet ski..no problems with driving the Corvette.firing an AK-47 my Glock or
an UZI...except for one biker chick who said how nice it was to see a "young
couple " driving such a nice car.

Old October 2nd 06, 08:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ezautostore

Hello frank I am a salesperson at the largest corvette dealer in the
south east feel free to browse my site I have links to corvette
information you might find help full

Please feel free to contact me for any of your car buying need I would
like to help

Regards
Eric Grube
http://ezautostore.com

Old October 2nd 06, 12:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

'I'm 76 years old..still have a 1993 Vette and a 1967 Shelby GT -500 and
do all the work major and minor myself..( used to own my own business
named Mustang Motors.)...also have an Eldorado..24' Trophy boat and a
jet ski..use them all.. Also several mechanical antiques and 25 or so
rifles/pistols/machine guns....use them all ..go to the range
nearby..live in Florida where it is legal to own all sorts of weapons
and also carry concealed ...also NO car inspections of any kind... Only
comments I have received are that some people are shocked I still ride a
jet ski..no problems with driving the Corvette.firing an AK-47 my Glock
or an UZI...except for one biker chick who said how nice it was to see a
"young couple " driving such a nice car.'

REPLY: Dang...I think youd make a good 007 ! I think its great youre
still young at heart. I really do.

Old October 2nd 06, 03:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rob[_1_]

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:33:25 GMT, "Maddog" >
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm 76 years old..still have a 1993 Vette and a 1967 Shelby GT -500 and do
>all the work major and minor myself..( used to own my own business named
>Mustang Motors.)...also have an Eldorado..24' Trophy boat and a jet ski..use
>them all.. Also several mechanical antiques and 25 or so
>rifles/pistols/machine guns....use them all ..go to the range nearby..live
>in Florida where it is legal to own all sorts of weapons and also carry
>concealed ...also NO car inspections of any kind...
>Only comments I have received are that some people are shocked I still ride
>a jet ski..no problems with driving the Corvette.firing an AK-47 my Glock or
>an UZI...except for one biker chick who said how nice it was to see a "young
>couple " driving such a nice car.

What's the secret to your good health? I need to hear this from
experienced people like yourself, not doctors.

Last, congrats and hope you have many more of these youthful years
ahead of you !!
Old October 9th 06, 08:38 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
George[_3_]

Frank, my Vette clubs are not seniors as much as fiftysomethings, mostly
grey hair, where there is hair. While there are lots of kids that get one
because they were told its cool, I really see most Vettes being driven buy
guys with grey hair like me.

GeorgeC

Frank M. wrote:

> Hi...
> I've been driving staid German machines over the last 20 years, but am
> feeling the need for more excitement and perhaps a new or late C6. I
> usually participate in the car clubs and auto rallys and, being a
> senior citizen, would feel out of place if there were only much
> younger participants at these events. (i'm several years into social
> security.)
> I'd appreciate any feedback from older members on their experiences
> owning a Corvette (positive or negative), and how many seniors they
> are aware of or encountered as fellow owners. ( While some might
> consider "older" as over 50, in my case it means "over 65".) Thanks.

Restaurant owner gets no jail in crash death gpsman Driving 2 April 28th 06 08:56 PM
For Sale - Golf GTI 16 valve 1997 - only 1 previous owner with Air Con/Metallic Black vw-lover VW water cooled 6 March 20th 06 09:46 AM
New F-250 Diesel Owner Jerry 4x4 0 February 21st 06 06:56 PM
86 jeep cherokee laredo kwbacb Jeep 28 December 10th 05 08:31 PM
I'm sick of being a wannabe Corvette owner, I want to be aCorvette owner! Tristan Austin Corvette 18 July 9th 05 08:04 AM