Help, I need advice on replacing front fenders 02 SC2

Old January 26th 05, 12:29 PM
Ash

Default Help, I need advice on replacing front fenders 02 SC2

Dammit, Saturday I slid in the snow and hit a telephone pole.
Wrinkled the DS fender, just barely missing the headlights. Tuesday,
an old lady tried to test the laws of physics and have two objects
with mass occupy the same space at the same time (changed lanes and
bumped the PS front fender just enough to knock a pie slice out of it
above the tire). I am looking to buy 2 new or used fenders,
preferrably already painted factory black. Thanks in advance.

Old January 26th 05, 03:30 PM
Barry Schnoor

Ash,

I bought a new quarter panel for my '93 SL1 from Saturn. Pre-primed, but I
had to have it painted (didn't cost more than $150 for the paint, if I
recall) So your dealer can sell you the part...and they're not very
expensive. And they may be able to sell you fenders already painted.

The plastic fenders kind of snap on / snap off. Easy replacement. If you
have any driveway mechanic ability at all (mine is minimal), you should be
able to figure it out

Good luck.

Barry
'94 SL2 167,000 (mostly) trouble-free miles

Old January 27th 05, 02:30 AM
Ash

Excellent, Thanks for the advice and words of encouragement. I was
feeling kinda down since I have had not even had a scratch after 2 1/2
years and almost 170k (courier) on this car since new. and then to
have two accidents in three days.....

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:30:10 -0500, "Barry Schnoor"
> wrote:

>Ash,
>
>I bought a new quarter panel for my '93 SL1 from Saturn. Pre-primed, but I
>had to have it painted (didn't cost more than $150 for the paint, if I
>recall) So your dealer can sell you the part...and they're not very
>expensive. And they may be able to sell you fenders already painted.
>
>The plastic fenders kind of snap on / snap off. Easy replacement. If you
>have any driveway mechanic ability at all (mine is minimal), you should be
>able to figure it out
>
>Good luck.
>
>Barry
>'94 SL2 167,000 (mostly) trouble-free miles
>
>"Ash" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.. .
>> Dammit, Saturday I slid in the snow and hit a telephone pole.
>> Wrinkled the DS fender, just barely missing the headlights. Tuesday,
>> an old lady tried to test the laws of physics and have two objects
>> with mass occupy the same space at the same time (changed lanes and
>> bumped the PS front fender just enough to knock a pie slice out of it
>> above the tire). I am looking to buy 2 new or used fenders,
>> preferrably already painted factory black. Thanks in advance.

$79 on replacing Front Axle [email protected] Honda 3 January 20th 05 07:28 PM
Replacing front in '86 TQ cp Audi 2 January 7th 05 07:43 AM
99 XLT replacing brake pads advice [email protected] Ford Explorer 1 December 8th 04 02:42 PM
Protecting front and rear fenders in the city Me Mazda 7 October 25th 04 07:04 PM
Advice needed replacing A3 brakerotors and strut mounts. [email protected] VW water cooled 5 October 22nd 04 05:14 PM