NR2003 330 Mod

Old October 19th 04, 06:47 PM
Tiny Lund

Default NR2003 330 Mod

I installed the 330 mod and the sound overwrote the Winston sound as well.
Can anyone tell me how to keep the original sound in WC and the Ferrari
sounds in the 330 mod?

Old October 19th 04, 09:10 PM
Tony Rickard

"Tiny Lund" wrote:

>I installed the 330 mod and the sound overwrote the Winston sound as well.
>Can anyone tell me how to keep the original sound in WC and the Ferrari
>sounds in the 330 mod?

The 330 Mod has its own exe. Therefore I think you are launching the 330 mod
and selecting WC.

Old October 19th 04, 09:23 PM
Plowboy2

Here's what Id do... use the configurator that came with the TA mod (the
uspits.com) I believe you can install the configurator seperately btw. In
that install there is a nice readme about the launcher and it has it's own
ini, in that INI you set which folder has which mod's sounds, and you could
specify different track folders, and such.

Anywho:
with the configurator, you copy the original sound folder, to a folder named
something like, cup_sound or sound_cup.

then when you install the 300 and it overwrites the original sound folder,
then you can swap out the folders, because you will after installing the
300, rename the folder to 300_sound or Sound_300. then rename the earlier
named CUP_sound back to just sound.

Now, with the configurator or TA-launcher I guess it is called, after you
setup the .ini files for that launcher so that you can pic what sounds, what
tracks, and there are some dashboard mods too, and other things that the
launcher will allow you to do. and it launches the game, temporarily moves
files to the correct places (or repoints the game's exe to the correct
folder for such items) and all is fine and dandy. When you quit the NR03,
all falls back to defaults.

BTW I know it works great because I have 6 "sound" folders, CTS, BGN, TA,
TPTCC, INDY, 300 plus the original sound that has the CUP sounds, plus I
have tracks divided up to (all tracks I downloaded ever is in the default
TRACKS folder) but I have a lot of tracks, so when I run TA mod, I hate to
scroll through all the ovals, so I created a RD_Tracks folder, with only the
roadcourses in it, and a CBA_Tracks folder {craftsman-BGN-ASA downloaded
tracks} just for easier use offline.

WHen I go online, and know I might join ANY race any track, I dont pick any
special tracks folder, but I do pick the sounds if Im gonna use TPTcc or TA
or 300.

Tiny Lund enlightened us with:

Old October 19th 04, 09:30 PM
Tiny Lund

I thought that might have been the case Tony but it wasn't. I tried to
launch cup with the original Icon and the same thing.
k...

Old October 19th 04, 09:39 PM
Mitch_A

Doesnt Simmons Player Picker proggy accomplish this and more? I think
you'll need to copy the NR2003 sound directory back from the CD then install
PP using multiple sound directories options. I could be way off but I think
I had to do something similar when the TA mod arrived.

Where is Dave Henrie when ya need him

Mitch

Old October 19th 04, 09:54 PM
Tiny Lund

It was a nightmare. LOL I deleted the whole nascar and attempted to
re-install only to find out a scratch on the disk wouldn't allow it. So I
got a new copy to solve that problem. I think Plowboy has something with the
T/A launcher. I'll give that a shot.
m...

Old October 19th 04, 09:55 PM
Tiny Lund

I think you have it right. I am re-installing everything. Let you know how I
made out in a few hours. LOL

Old October 20th 04, 03:00 AM
Tiny Lund

Ok Dave I need your help. I re-installed NR 2003 all the PWF mods, TPTCC,
The PP and added personalities. Then I installed 330 and created a
personality. One thing that puzzles me is what to add in PP for sound
folders. Am I to type in a path? Also after installing 330 this time I chose
the install option of D3PP sound instead of normal. Now 330 uses cup sound,
unlike before when the cup sound changed to 330. If you can understand all
this lend me a hand please? I am merely trying to get the 330 sound to work
with 330 and the cup sound for cup.
. 97.136...

Old October 20th 04, 03:32 AM
Tiny Lund

Ok I got the player picker mentioned above which I think does pretty much
what you are doing with the T/A launcher right? When I installed the 330
(after installing PP) I chose to use the D3PP sounds on install instead of
normal. Now I have the 330 mod with cup sound and the cup uses cup sound. I
asked Dave above about adding sound folders to PP. Not quite sure what they
are looking for,(path?).