Need Help With A4 Control Arms

Old April 13th 07, 05:57 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Need Help With A4 Control Arms

Hello

I know this is probably an old issue, but I recently bought a 1996 A4
with about 74,000 miles on it. Of course, the front lower control arms
just started creaking, which I found is a common problem. I am going
to replace them in the next few weeks, but I will not be replacing
them with the same defective Audi parts. I was wondering if anyone had
experience with aftermarket pieces. I was going to buy the whole front
suspension kit, and do all of the arms at once. Are there any good
aftermarket brands out there, and are there any that I should stay
away from? I don't want to do this again anytime soon. Also, I am
going to attempt to do this job myself, any advice? Any help is much
appreciated.

Thanks!

Old April 13th 07, 06:16 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Pongo Potts

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello
>
> I know this is probably an old issue, but I recently bought a 1996 A4
> with about 74,000 miles on it. Of course, the front lower control arms
> just started creaking, which I found is a common problem. I am going
> to replace them in the next few weeks, but I will not be replacing
> them with the same defective Audi parts. I was wondering if anyone had
> experience with aftermarket pieces. I was going to buy the whole front
> suspension kit, and do all of the arms at once. Are there any good
> aftermarket brands out there, and are there any that I should stay
> away from? I don't want to do this again anytime soon. Also, I am
> going to attempt to do this job myself, any advice? Any help is much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

they have just started after 74K............you don't want to do them again
soon............how many miles per year do you travel.

Control Arms + Bushing - E46 [email protected] BMW 14 October 5th 05 08:14 AM
Boxing control arms Mark C. Ford Mustang 1 July 12th 05 01:16 AM
TJ front control arms jbratton Jeep 7 July 7th 05 05:45 AM
installing control arms Nathan Otis Jeep 17 February 27th 05 02:46 AM
Squeaky Control Arms J Koli Audi 7 October 30th 04 04:25 AM