Cooling vanes in fan shroud

Old July 2nd 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Cooling vanes in fan shroud

Does anyone know if the thermostatically-controlled, cooling vanes
from an older non-doghouse fan shroud will fit a newer doghouse fan
shroud? Thanks!
David

Old July 2nd 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Jul 2, 2:30?pm, wrote:
> Does anyone know if the thermostatically-controlled, cooling vanes
> from an older non-doghouse fan shroud will fit a newer doghouse fan
> shroud? Thanks!
> David

The older style "dog house" used a cooling ring 1964 down (USA
versions) but the fins from a late model will fit the mid 1964 and up
40 hp engines.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

Old July 4th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Jul 2, 6:13?pm, " > wrote:
> On Jul 2, 2:30?pm, wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if the thermostatically-controlled, cooling vanes
> > from an older non-doghouse fan shroud will fit a newer doghouse fan
> > shroud? Thanks!
> > David

> The older style "dog house" used a cooling ring 1964 down (USA
> versions) but the fins from a late model will fit the mid 1964 and up
> 40 hp engines.
>
> Mario
> Vintage Werks resto

Thanks! My 1969 VW is a standard Type 1 which didn't have the
doghouse but I have a new 1600 DP engine and the fan shroud that
replaced the original did not have the vanes so I'm reinstalling them
as I drive on the interstate a lot in the summer.
David

86 2.8 Cherokee fan shroud interchange? Dutchmajician Jeep 3 May 9th 07 09:16 PM
C-3 Fan Shroud Jamie Corvette 7 October 6th 06 02:58 AM
Auxiliarry fan shroud Yvan BMW 1 September 22nd 06 12:48 PM
67 Mustang: Fan rub on shroud pony67 Ford Mustang 5 August 4th 05 05:30 PM
Oil-Pan Shroud Question Brian Running VW water cooled 7 September 23rd 04 01:09 AM