1993 Audi 80 front wing removal

Old April 19th 07, 09:38 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ

Default 1993 Audi 80 front wing removal

Grooove wrote:
> Grooove > wrote in
> :
>

>>Thanks for the info so far. Much appreciated.
>>

> Oh yes, just to be absolutely clear. What we call the front wing in the
> UK is the side panel over the front wheel.

AKA >> fender.

I have changed several on T44 series and like mentioned before it is really
quite easy. The other post said that you do not need to remove the front bumper
but on the T44 series it need to be removed and I would think on your 80 as
well. Removing the bumpers is quite easy with two Allen bolts up from the bottom
of the bumper (again if the 80 is like the T44s and B5/B6 A4s). After these are
out disconnect turn signals and any plastic ducting and slide forward. Having a
friend help to hold it make it easier.

You might find one brazed connection in the front door hinge area that you will
need to cut with a chisel or dremel. this is not important to fasten on the new
one as it is probably used to improve the electrical ground to reduce corrosion.

Lining up the new fender is likely to be quite easy because Audi parts seem to
hold close tolerances.

Not counting any painting is necessary I would guess the job to take two hours.

Survey: How much gap between your front tyre and wing/fender? Spike[_1_] VW air cooled 0 November 26th 06 11:09 PM
Damaged front wing ray Corvette 0 March 7th 06 02:38 PM
E36 front wing replacement? jk BMW 3 July 7th 05 07:36 PM
Replacing a front wing. tonyelkins VW water cooled 6 June 10th 05 03:12 PM
1990 Audi 80 ECU removal PSH Audi 0 September 2nd 04 03:39 AM