An example for you all to look up to

Old March 15th 05, 04:54 AM
Connected

Default An example for you all to look up to

It's about a woman race driver in Iran.

Old March 15th 05, 12:54 PM
Steve Smith

Three Qs:

1. If women can't drive on the street in these extremist lands, how come
it's okay to drive on race tracks?

2. Where in the Koran does it say a burka is ok as a helmet?

3. Why does she sit so close to the wheel?

Old March 15th 05, 02:30 PM
Whoo

Steve Smith wrote:> Three Qs:

> 1. If women can't drive on the street in these extremist lands, how come
> it's okay to drive on race tracks?

Stop right there, pal! Iran is no more extremist than the USA in terms
of religion. I know because I've been to both counties.

Get your facts right before you start slagging off other cultures.
Old March 15th 05, 03:21 PM

Last time I checked, whoo from nowhere, the government doesn't ENFORCE any
religion in the U.S., unlike Iran.

Old March 15th 05, 04:46 PM
Mitch_A

Whoo wrote:

> Steve Smith wrote:> Three Qs:
>>
>> 1. If women can't drive on the street in these extremist lands, how come
>> it's okay to drive on race tracks?

> Stop right there, pal! Iran is no more extremist than the USA in terms
> of religion. I know because I've been to both counties.
>
> Get your facts right before you start slagging off other cultures.

And Ive been to Canada and Mexico. That makes me an expert on religion in
both Canada and Mexico? I dont think so...

Anyone with a modicum of COMMON SENSE can see you are so far off base that
you cant even see the base anymore...

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a
Old March 15th 05, 06:41 PM
Steve Smith

Sorry, I didn't mean to veer into politics. I just thought it amusing that
an Iranian woman is being presented by the leftist BBC as "the new
Schumacher" sitting in a Lincoln LS, too close to the wheel and without a
helmet. Sorry if I stepped on anybody's religious toes.

om...

Old March 15th 05, 08:59 PM
Whoo

Steve Smith wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't mean to veer into politics.

apologies from me to you, Steve, having a very bad day here.
Old March 15th 05, 09:34 PM
Connected

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:41:51 GMT, "Steve Smith"

"Leftist BBC" - **** off!
Old March 16th 05, 05:22 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Don't mind them, Steve.
They'd fail to see the humour in anything unless it was labelled "This Is
Funny".

Bruce.

Old March 18th 05, 09:48 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

But Steve:
Is she really sitting too close to the wheel? I have heard that a racing car
driver need a good elbow angle (90) to get the agility and speed needed for a
racing car...

And, since she is not wearing a helmet, maybe she took it off and put on the
burka prior to the photo session? What do I know. A burka may even be very
comfortable under a helemt... I would *think* that even moslems have the common
sense to protect their head when racing. ;-)

And, finally, what's wrong in racing a Lincoln LS? I am positively *sure* racing
a racing specced Lincoln on the limit is huge fun, and I would do it without
even thinking about the wage. Hehehe

---A---