Nascar ratings down

Old November 24th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
KingsHead[_1_]

Default Nascar ratings down

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
. net...
> [...]
> cannabis," it says.
>
> The really important issue is whether cannabis can cause serious,
> long-term problems for a person's mental health. Earlier this year the
> Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs concluded that there may be a link
> between cannabis use and the onset of psychotic illnesses, although there
> was insufficient evidence to state that frequent users were more likely to
> develop schizophrenia. Nevertheless, several studies have suggested that
> there may well be an association between smoking cannabis in adolescence
> and mental illness in later life - including schizophrenia.
>
> What does the stronger version do to you?
>
> It has been suggested that the smoking of more potent forms of cannabis,
> known as "skunk", can result in something called cannabis psychosis,
> although this has not been conclusively proved. Skunk is a generic name
> used to describe the 100 or so varieties of cannabis plant that have
> higher-than-average levels of THC. Skunk may also contain higher levels of
> the 40 other substances in cannabis that are thought to be capable of
> having an effect on the body.
>
> Traditional varieties of cannabis have a THC content of between 2 and 4
> per cent, while some varieties of skunk can have THC levels of up to 20
> per cent. Some users say the immediate effect of smoking skunk is that
> they get stoned more quickly. They also report higher levels of transient
> hallucinations, which are particularly common in people who have already
> taken LSD, a known hallucinogenic drug.
>
> Skunk's potency can sometimes catch people out if they have been used to
> more dilute forms of cannabis. As a result they can suffer from anxiety
> attacks and feelings of mild paranoia. However, there is no evidence to
> suggest that smoking skunk poses any new risks compared with the heavy
> smoking of weaker forms of cannabis.
>
> Is cannabis medicinal?
>
> Cannabis has a long history as a folk remedy, and some of its natural
> constituents are reported to have therapeutic value for illnesses such as
> asthma, glaucoma, mild to severe muscle spasms and pain, as well as
> anorexia and mood disorders.
>
> Is smoking cannabis really that bad for you?
>
> Yes...
>
> * There is convincing evidence to suggest a link between heavy use and
> serious mental illness
>
> * Cannabis smoke is just as dangerous as cigarette smoke in causing lung
> disease
>
> * Driving while even mildly stoned significantly increases the risk of
> fatal accidents
>
> No...
>
> * There is no evidence that cannabis causes physical dependency in the
> manner of heroin or cocaine
>
> * Mild users of cannabis are not more likely to become addicted to 'harder
> drugs'
>
> * Many long-term users of cannabis lead normal, healthy lives which they
> find enhanced by recreational use of the drug

Go have another dry martini & a cigar. or a beer & a cigarette. when was the
last time you read about a marijuana overdose ? or drowning in their own
vomit (smoke ?). Marijuana has a "gateway drug" ? What a joke, like alcohol
does not exist or is not a drug ? I suppose being "mildly" drunk decreases
the risk of a fatal accident while driving ? Or if you are drunk you just
have a risk of a "accident". A recently published extensive study found no
harmful effects of smoking marijuana even though they stated that it was
their intent to find harmful effects before starting the study.

Old November 24th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

I knew some tards here like Bernie and Freddy would show a total lack of
common sense as is so typical of a stoned schoolgirl but Im somewhat
surprised to see you Darus jump through Pavlov's hoops so easily. Id
assumed you had a bit more sense but as always I could be wrong.

Affirmative action of any sort is blatant RACISM plain and simple. If he
got to the Truck series on talent instead of his skin color Id likely be a
fan of his cause he seems like a cool guy (but he cannot fn drive to save
his life). Anyone of any color or sex has every right to drive a racecar.
It's when that person gets special treatment that I have a problem. The
Danica syndrome is alive and well.

Mitch

oups.com...

Old November 24th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Darus

On Nov 24, 1:55 pm, "Mitch_A" > wrote:
> Affirmative action of any sort is blatant RACISM plain and simple. If he
> got to the Truck series on talent instead of his skin color Id likely be a
> fan of his cause he seems like a cool guy (but he cannot fn drive to save
> his life). Anyone of any color or sex has every right to drive a racecar.
> It's when that person gets special treatment that I have a problem. The
> Danica syndrome is alive and well.
>
> Mitch

The fact that Kerry Earnhardt got his CTS ride due to his surname and
not his talent is somehow okay, perhaps because he is white? (And the
use of the word "Talent" is done with a wide smirk on my face) Don't
overlook the fact that K. Earnhardt finished BEHIND Lester in the
points (despite KE running 1 more race) dissuade you from condemning
Lester's driving ability. He's not likely to win any championships, but
heck, I didn't think a Bodine (any of them) was capable of winning a
championship.

I also don't see this as affirmative action, either. Who did Bill
Lester take a ride from? How can you prove (without a statement from
Bill Davis admitting it) that Lester was selected SOLEY based on his
race. SCCA Trans AM, 24HR Daytona races, and IMSA experience make him
AT LEAST as qualified as any of the clowns that Jack Roush hires based
on his stupid "Driver X"/Gong Show concept.

Old November 24th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
timmy thompson

Funny how Mitch didnt mention Sam Hornish, Jr, who has crashed out of
every race, but it doesnt bother mitch since he has WHITE skin.

Old November 24th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mr. Sylvestre

And what about the Toyota ?
Old November 24th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

I guess you missed the "nepotism" bit in the other thread I can't prove
anything but I can connect the dots better than most Lawmen Nascar has
publicly stated they WANT more diversity (just saying that is racism in its
purest form) and voila out pops Bill and Erin. Based on this evidence I can
make a claim with more substance than your claim against... I could be
wrong and Im not denying that but if it quacks like a duck.....

YOURE A RACIST.. This is the same leftwing politically correct pavlovian
bull**** response that they use EVERYTIME anyone visits affirmative action
and it's blatant extreme racism. What you are shouldnt matter in any way
shape or form. The government should do away with all race based questions.
It shouldnt matter, plain and simple. The lefty activists demand this form
of racism for the simple fact if there wasnt a wedge tool they wouldnt be
able to ride the gravy train, ala Al Sharpton..

I got a speeding ticket a few weeks back from a <5'0' girl and all I kept
thinking was how easy it would be for me to take her weapon and shoot her in
the head (not that I should have to qualify this but obviously I wouldnt)..
As she was writing the ticket I saw no less than 3 other cruisers in the
close proximity. While it may have been sheer coincidence I come to the
conclusion she was actually incapable of defending herself and required
constant backup just in case.... Political correctness at the expense of
public safety is one of the many reasons America will be joining the roman
empire sooner rather than later. Ignorance is bliss.

My daughter is half Mexican, my best friends are Mexican my step dad is
Mexican. Because Im against illegal immigration in its current form that
somehow translates (to the feeble mind) that I dont like Mexicans? Thats
just dumb.

Mitch

Old November 25th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
George Adams

On Nov 24, 3:03 pm, "Darus" > wrote:
> On Nov 24, 1:55 pm, "Mitch_A" > wrote:

> > Affirmative action of any sort is blatant RACISM plain and simple. If he
> > got to the Truck series on talent instead of his skin color Id likely be a
> > fan of his cause he seems like a cool guy (but he cannot fn drive to save
> > his life). Anyone of any color or sex has every right to drive a racecar.
> > It's when that person gets special treatment that I have a problem. The
> > Danica syndrome is alive and well.

> > MitchThe fact that Kerry Earnhardt got his CTS ride due to his surname and

> not his talent is somehow okay, perhaps because he is white? (And the
> use of the word "Talent" is done with a wide smirk on my face) Don't
> overlook the fact that K. Earnhardt finished BEHIND Lester in the
> points (despite KE running 1 more race) dissuade you from condemning
> Lester's driving ability. He's not likely to win any championships, but
> heck, I didn't think a Bodine (any of them) was capable of winning a
> championship.
>
> I also don't see this as affirmative action, either. Who did Bill
> Lester take a ride from? How can you prove (without a statement from
> Bill Davis admitting it) that Lester was selected SOLEY based on his
> race. SCCA Trans AM, 24HR Daytona races, and IMSA experience make him
> AT LEAST as qualified as any of the clowns that Jack Roush hires based
> on his stupid "Driver X"/Gong Show concept.

Check out what Danny O'Quinn and Erik Darnell ( two "Driver X
participants) accomplished this year, before you call them "clowns".

Old November 25th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

Mitch_A wrote:

> My only problem is he's only here to cash in on the Nascar money-train. I'd
> be curious to know how he felt inside about Nascar in the past. With the
> prevailing F1 elitism I could hazard a guess but thats all it'd be For
> some reason the term "redneck" comes to mind but I could be way off, hehe..

Maybe. He did seem genuinely impressed when he and Gordon swapped cars
for that publicity thing a few years ago, and he does have American
oval racing experience. I see your point, I'm just not sure what I
think of it. He definitely seems to be enjoying his first real taste
of competitive stock car racing.

Old November 25th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

Darus wrote:

> He's not likely to win any championships, but
> heck, I didn't think a Bodine (any of them) was capable of winning a
> championship.

Really? Geoff Bodine was one of the top drivers in WC in the 80's.

Old November 25th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

Todd just won the Truck series and the other works for Nascar.

Mitch

oups.com...