gas over $4 is here! is $5 gas far behind ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 14th 07, 05:50 AM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Default gas over $4 is here! is $5 gas far behind ?

Brent P wrote:

> In article >, Jeffrey Turner wrote:
> > Eeyore wrote:

> >> You people haven't a clue what high gas prices are !
> >>
> >> You want to pay less ? Drive a car with better mileage.

> > Idiot Reagan supporters backed gutting the CAFE standards.

> CAFE could only be a failure. CAFE was an attempt to tell US car buyers
> what they had to buy. This doesn't work out well, ever.
>
> CAFE is something supported ultimately by people who want government to make
> decisions for them. There has always been a choice to buy cars with
> better fuel economy.

The obvious answer is higher gasoline prices which encourage people to
seek out vehicles that get better mileage.

--
"There are some gals who don't like to be pushed and grabbed and lassoed
and drug into buses in the middle of the night."