netkar . are the physics all that?

Old December 14th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Osarenren

Default netkar . are the physics all that?

hi. I am a gtr2 addict. after playing many a game that left me
dissatisfied, I finally stumbled on gtr2. I mainly love it for its
awesome audio and exceLent driving physics. I feel like I can feel
every road nuance thru my non ffb steering wheel.

I heard that netkar's physics are even better. is this true? if so I
would be hooked. I just love that feeling that I am driving a real race
car.

also, which has better physics? namie, or pro.

thanks

Old December 15th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Osarenren wrote:
> hi. I am a gtr2 addict. after playing many a game that left me
> dissatisfied, I finally stumbled on gtr2. I mainly love it for its
> awesome audio and exceLent driving physics. I feel like I can feel
> every road nuance thru my non ffb steering wheel.
>
> I heard that netkar's physics are even better. is this true? if so I
> would be hooked. I just love that feeling that I am driving a real race
> car.

Check out the free NetkarPro demo and see what you think. It doesn't
have the LCD display, but that won't stop you from experiencing the
handling of the car.

I use a DFP (Driving Force Pro wheel) and I think the force feedback in
NetkarPro is the best of any sim as far as conveying the most
information as to what the car is doing. From what I understand, the FF
is directly connected to the physics engine (and not everyone does it
that way.) Besides the FF, the car just feels more alive and responsive
to ones input.

I must say that NetkarPro is lacking many feature of the other popular
sims, is not as polished and has some bugs that need fixing. On the
other hand, I feel that they are really onto something with their
driving model. I purchased the sim as a show of support (comes with
free upgrades for a year or so). I hope it grows to its full potential.
Old December 15th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

Osarenren wrote:

> hi. I am a gtr2 addict. after playing many a game that left me
> dissatisfied, I finally stumbled on gtr2. I mainly love it for its
> awesome audio and exceLent driving physics. I feel like I can feel
> every road nuance thru my non ffb steering wheel.
>
> I heard that netkar's physics are even better. is this true? if so I
> would be hooked. I just love that feeling that I am driving a real race
> car.
>
> also, which has better physics? namie, or pro.

Netkar pro is better in pretty much all respects that I've tried (dunno
about the netcode, and I've heard rather bad things about it - it
wasn't too bad in Namie). I'd give the demo I go and see if it's your
thing. I don't think it's half bad, altho the fake track thing pretty
much removes my personal interest. The flight-sim style interactive
cockpits are quite nice, I'm not sure why racing sims hadn't previously
attained that level of simulation detail.

As far as other sims go, if you like GTR2 as much as I do, GTL is worth
a try. Some of the cars a handful to drive because of the
power-to-grip ratio, but basically it's GTR2 with classic cars instead
of rain.

Old December 15th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Osarenren

I have gtl and I quite like it. have not got deep into it yet as I am
still trying to set a decent handicap in gtr2 but I would rate it as my
second favorite game. I have rfactor but I just don't like the
interface( I can't even set my steering wheel sensitivity because it is
controLer 3) Or the lack of road feel.

I can't try the demo for another week cos I have family over and can't
play at all. they wonder why I'm so moody and melancholy. if only they
knew. lol

can someone quantify the diFerences in drving dynamics betwEn gtr2/gtl
and nkpro? I saw a pic of the tires after a race and I was HIGHLY
impressed

Old December 18th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Osarenren

I downlooaded it, set up my controllers ( you can't set up an h
shifter?) set up video and audio, and went to drive.

no sound at all. toca 3 also had this problem where I had to switch to
onboard sound if I wanted to drive it. onbaord sounds like crap
compared to the emu 0404 that I use with other games. not to mention I
have to reconnect all cables, disable the 0404 ,restart the pc and go
into the bios to enable the onboard sound.

after about 10 minutes of the car just sitting there I finally figured
out how to start it. cool . I liked the interactive controls and the
start procedure and light.

I put the car in drive and eased off the clutch. it rolls into the back
of my garage and stops.

after another 5 minutes of trying everything I realised it had crashed.

ctrl alt del out of the game, uninstaLed it,and deleted the setup file.

I don't have time for this. gtr2 beckons