Alfa GTV Airbag Light

Old November 18th 06, 01:25 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
barabus

Default Alfa GTV Airbag Light

I have a Alfa GTV and the airbag light is always on can anybody advise
on a possible home fix? Cheers :?:

Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/GTV-Airbag...ict192026.html

Old November 18th 06, 09:03 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
geh458

Put a little piece of tape over the indicator light, and no more problem.

news:912075_467917c225440a8814306ea2e5c7b895@autob oardz.com...

Old November 18th 06, 11:04 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

geh458 wrote:
> Put a little piece of tape over the indicator light, and no more problem.

I *was* going to post pretty much exactly that

> "barabus" > wrote in message
> news:912075_467917c225440a8814306ea2e5c7b895@autob oardz.com...
>> I have a Alfa GTV and the airbag light is always on can anybody advise
>> on a possible home fix? Cheers :?:
>>
>> --
>> Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
>> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact
>> author/report abuse
>> Thread archive:
>> http://www.AutoBoardz.com/GTV-Airbag...ict192026.html

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old November 18th 06, 11:10 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

geh458 > wrote:

> Put a little piece of tape over the indicator light, and no more problem.

That's all well and good, so long as you are OK with having inactive
airbags.

I had a problem recently with the airbag light on my company shed. If I
report it to Leaseplan they don't let me drive it until it's fixed. So I
don't report it to Leaseplan if it happens now.
Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
Old November 21st 06, 04:38 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
davea

Got same problem. Heard solutions from others in the group. The cable
is apparantly under the drivers seat, make sure is hasn't come loose
and reconnect it. Problem is that even if you do that the airbags still
have to be reset by the dealer via computer. Try searching the group
for other poss solutions but if thats correct then it'll have to be a
dealer job.

Could be wrong but sounds like another common alfa problem to add to
the list. Had my 147 since Jan 2006, 5 dealer visits so far for
different problems, thinking of selling on already!

Old December 15th 06, 11:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
jonalfan

I presume you know that there is an airbag off switch which would make
the light stay on? It is in the passengers footwell and activated by
turning with your ignition key.

Old December 18th 06, 02:48 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
andy[_1_]

Where in the footwell?

news:951592_104b131324ba8df7644373693d2c9f73@0000. com...

Old December 19th 06, 03:25 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
jonalfan

Sit in the passenger seat and look next to your right knee, it is a
switch with a red and green marking on it, you can’t miss it. It is
for turning off the passenger airbag should you need to fit a baby
seat in the front. You have read the manual haven’t you?

Posted at author's request, using fully moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Alfa-Romeo-forum-19.html interface
Old December 19th 06, 09:39 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
andy[_1_]

No sign in my '98 GTV TS, is this later years only or could it have been
removed or moved by the original owner?

Andy

news:952851_eee3914e09e57650feff16b88133715c@autob oardz.com...

Old December 19th 06, 10:40 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

"Andy" <andy@dkw> wrote in message
> No sign in my '98 GTV TS, is this later years only or could it have been
> removed or moved by the original owner?
>
> Andy

Perhaps it is on the side of the dash like on the 156 - you have to open the
passenger door and look in the otherwise covered left hand side of the
dash - to the left of the airbag.

E46 Airbag Light Richard BMW 6 August 11th 06 06:32 PM
a6 airbag light on (and then off briefly, and then on again) [email protected] Audi 2 August 3rd 06 09:56 PM
airbag light Aaron D. Kemp Saturn 1 December 12th 05 09:17 PM
[04 Accord] Side Airbag light flickers [email protected] Honda 3 December 29th 04 03:42 PM
Alfa Romeo 156 Airbag control warning light active again so no protections E Maurer Alfa Romeo 5 December 15th 04 04:00 AM