PICS: Mopar Transforms Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Old October 17th 09, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JLA

Default PICS: Mopar Transforms Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

SEMA '09: Mopar Transforms Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon to a
Go-Anywhere Campervan

The forth Mopar-prepped concept to be exhibited at the SEMA Show next
month is the Jeep Wrangler Overland. Based on the 2009 Jeep Wrangler
Unlimited Rubicon, the Overland ditches the rear seats in favor of a
flat, rubberized utility floor while an ARB two-person Simpson II
tent is mounted to the cargo rack on the rooftop. The interior of the
Overland features water-resistant front-seat covers, rugged slush
mats, a Daystar dash bin and lower switch panel that powers the added
accessories.

To further improve the Wrangler's off-road credentials the Mopar team
added a an American Expedition Vehicles three-inch suspension lift
and a Full Traction rear sway bar while the vehicle now rides on
35-inch tires mounted on 17-inch steel Mopar winter/off-road wheels.

Other modifications include AEV steel bumpers, a Warn 9.5ti winch,
heat-reduction hood and snorkel kit plus additional lights mounted on
the windshield and front bumper.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...11630#28511630

Old October 17th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

JLA wrote:
> SEMA '09: Mopar Transforms Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon to a
> Go-Anywhere Campervan

<snip ineresting article, thanks>

> View the attachments for this post at:
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...11630#28511630

I like the tent.

That might be my next Jeep if they put it on the showroom next year.

--
DougW