Problems with Wheel and Rbr demo

Old October 17th 04, 05:37 PM
Xander Vlasveld

Default Problems with Wheel and Rbr demo

Hi,

I thought I should try the rbr demo, and I looks very interesting.
So, I looked up my ancient Thrustmaster Formula T2 wheel (analog, with
separate pedals for throttle and brake)
Removed the dust from the wheel and hooked it up to my precious game station
(pc).
Added and calibrated it in control panel (using xp sp2), and started up the
Rbr demo.
And here the fun-Sunday begins (time flies). I go into the control options,
and whatever I try, the x-axis, is when I centre the wheel, completely 2 the
right, and when I steer to the left, it's centred (would have been normal
after me driving and crashing )
y-axis, I choose the combined throttle/brake option, and here kinda same
story. with no pedals touched, it's full brake, and when throttle fully
pressed, it's 80% throttle.
I know it's an ancient wheel, but in the control panel of xp, it seems 2 be
fully functional.
I also googled, found some problems concerning FF and Thrustmaster wheels,
but nothing about my specific problem...

Any suggestions next to buying a new wheel?

Tia,

Xander

Old October 17th 04, 06:17 PM
Destroy

I got rid of that wheel several years ago cause of poor game
compatability problems.

Get yourself a Logitech Momo FF, you'll thank yourself big time after a
few wonderful gravel powerslides in RBR. FF is amazing in this game!!

Old October 17th 04, 07:54 PM
Aaron Markham

I have used a TM T2 since NASCAR1 was released and it is working great in
all my racing sims even RBR. *knock on wood* lol

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Aaron Markham

*RATE MY CAR AT CARDOMAIN.COM*
http://www.cardomain.com/id/amarkham

*RIP AYRTON SENNA & DALE EARNHARDT*

Old October 17th 04, 08:05 PM
Xander Vlasveld

>I have used a TM T2 since NASCAR1 was released and it is working great in
> all my racing sims even RBR. *knock on wood* lol
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Thanks,
> Aaron Markham

Aaron,

Are you playing the demo? and also xp sp2?

thx,

Xander

Old October 17th 04, 08:07 PM
Xander Vlasveld

"Destroy" > wrote in message
>I got rid of that wheel several years ago cause of poor game compatability
>problems.
>
> Get yourself a Logitech Momo FF, you'll thank yourself big time after a
> few wonderful gravel powerslides in RBR. FF is amazing in this game!!

Destroy,

I don't know if i'm gonna use the wheel often, so i wanted to try with the
Thrustmaster...

thx,

Xander

Old October 17th 04, 10:21 PM
Xander Vlasveld

Just installed CMR 2005 demo, exactly the same problem..
so probably some winxp sp2 + thrustmaster problem...
Tried to download the w2k/xp driver from thrustmaster site, but that file
doesn't seem to download correctly...
Will try tomorrow..

Olla,

Xander

Old October 17th 04, 10:48 PM
tomb

Xander Vlasveld wrote:
| Just installed CMR 2005 demo, exactly the same problem..

Your wheel is not calibrated properly. Calibrate it again, and *carefully*
follow the steps (including clicking buttons, not pressing "Next").

Or get DXTweak2 and adjust the values until they are right.

Old October 17th 04, 11:21 PM
Aaron Markham

I have the full version of RBR. I have not installed SP2 though. I have the
SP2 CD but I don't wanna update unless I have too since everything is
running fine for me right now.

---------------------------------------

Old October 18th 04, 12:12 PM
Xander Vlasveld

> Your wheel is not calibrated properly. Calibrate it again, and *carefully*
> follow the steps (including clicking buttons, not pressing "Next").
>
> Or get DXTweak2 and adjust the values until they are right.

But in the control panel, the dot is in the middle, and it reacts correctly
with the input from the wheel and peddals.
Strange.. so perhaps sp2 is the problem...

Xander

Old October 18th 04, 03:52 PM
Plowboy2

Ignore Destroy, <VBG>

just like he ignoreed your post--> (Any suggestions next to buying a new
wheel)

Here is probably the problem, in a generalized nutshell. find the latests
and greatest drivers for the wheel, or are you using XP? If so, might be
tough luck there... XP doesnt seem to like the gameport as well. next
thing could be dirty pots.

Second, RBR likes Seperate pedals, in the readme inside RBR (full version I
think), I thought that I read that the game looks for the controller and
tries to uncheck the "combined" axes for pedals. So why not start with the
wheels setup like the game wants it? IF yo do this, you will probably need
to uninstall, delete the demo dir, then reinstall? (I dont know an easier
way, but Im sure others here might iknow exactly what files to get rid of,
so you dont have to delete & reinstall the demo).

PS TM wheels & drivers were/are just lousy, you might have better luck &
Enjoyment if you ebay them away (like Destroy said), & Ebay replace with
some better wheel-pedals

Xander Vlasveld enlightened us with: