Test Drive - Xbox 360

Old May 14th 05, 02:36 PM
4-Example

Default Test Drive - Xbox 360

Nice eye candy for sure.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gall...-Unlimited/p1/

but how will it play @ 720p in Dolby 5.1 surround?
What "wheels" will they have, has M$ learned from their Xbox mistake (no
force feedback), etc.

Old May 14th 05, 03:11 PM

Did you take a look at the movies?

http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1...imited/#movies

They probably give a better idea of how the game will look and play.
No, they're not as nice as the obvious screen renders that are listed
as 'screen shots'.

Old May 14th 05, 03:16 PM
Paulinho

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Did you take a look at the movies?
>
> http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1...imited/#movies
>
> They probably give a better idea of how the game will look and play.
> No, they're not as nice as the obvious screen renders that are listed
> as 'screen shots'.

I hope it does (xbox360) surrport force feedback... but with Microsofts
withdrawl of there own PC based FF wheel kinds of sums them all up...

Old May 14th 05, 03:20 PM
Paulinho

"Paulinho" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Did you take a look at the movies?
>>
>> http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1...imited/#movies
>>
>> They probably give a better idea of how the game will look and play.
>> No, they're not as nice as the obvious screen renders that are listed
>> as 'screen shots'.
>>

> I hope it does (xbox360) surrport force feedback... but with Microsofts
> withdrawl of there own PC based FF wheel kinds of sums them all up...

Oh dear, I hope these movies are very early betas, im mean theres slowdown,
and loads of pop up....

Old May 14th 05, 03:34 PM
4-Example

> They probably give a better idea of how the game will look and play.
> No, they're not as nice as the obvious screen renders that are listed
> as 'screen shots'.

I checked the videos, not sure how they were captured, but I doubt the
ingame experience will
be jerky like that, not if they want to sell any number of titles.

It appears that the videos show someone driving with a controller, not a
wheel. That may explain the
jerkiness'.

I'm leaning towards those being actual in game screenshots though, not
renders.
Only due to the hardware involved here, very impressive hardware BTW.

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/11...-Dissected/p6/

Time will tell, but if PGR2 for the Xbox is any indication of how developers
can push the hardware, this
new console (and the PS3) may well continue the gaming goodness.

Old May 14th 05, 05:15 PM
4-Example

A few 360 game trailers, NFS, PGR3, etc.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/media.php?id=812

Old May 16th 05, 01:52 PM

The sound is great! Might be the best I've heard in a driving game. Yes,
it does look like a pretty early build of the game. But, with all the
hardware capability of the 360, all that gorgeous rendering of the world
outside the car, we STILL can't have a cockpit view in any of these types of
games?

oups.com...

Old May 16th 05, 11:49 PM
4-Example

"r" > wrote in message
> The sound is great! Might be the best I've heard in a driving game. Yes,
> it does look like a pretty early build of the game. But, with all the
> hardware capability of the 360, all that gorgeous rendering of the world
> outside the car, we STILL can't have a cockpit view in any of these types
> of games?

Actually I have my fingers crossed that this time around, this game will
have
the most incredible, in car cockpit view, of ANY game.
The videos I've seen hint at it. I just hope it's not a camara replay mode,
but in-game.

If so, then this one title, just might raise the bar a notch.