Replacing fenders on a '95 YJ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 15th 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Replacing fenders on a '95 YJ...

Hello All-

A while back I asked a question in the forum on the best method for
replacing my rotted fenders on a 1995 YJ. Luckily, I was finally able
to purchase two rust-free fenders in black, which will match my Jeep's
color.

It appears that the fenders are bolt-on, and I can see bolts near the
grille and on the firewall. The ones on the grille shouldn't be a
problem (yeah, right), as there is easy access to get at them with a
socket.

The ones on the firewall seem almost impossible to get at with my
fingers, let alone getting at them with a ratchet and socket, and
still be able to get any leverage on them for removal. While I
realize I'll have to remove some of the items that are mounted on the
inside fender well (horn, coolant jug, window washer jug, etc.) is
there some trick to getting at these bolts?

There doesn't seem to be any room to work to get these bolts off...

Any practical advice (other than use lots of penetrating oil) on the
best way to approach this?

Thanks!

Kevin