international scout

Old December 23rd 06, 07:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
A J

Default international scout

Can anyone please post some pics of International Scouts? As many as
possible would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

A J

Old December 23rd 06, 07:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
§qu@r3 Wh33£s

On this day of this month, in a year likely to be unrecorded in human
history, A J wrote:

> Can anyone please post some pics of International Scouts? As many as
> possible would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you,
>
> A J

Don't have any, but there are a few nice ones he

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/od/ihsc...ou t_4x4s.htm

And a google images search turns up even more....

SW

--
"Jeeps can get up, and jeeps can also go down. Why can't Bill?"

-- Nancy Hughes III

Old December 23rd 06, 07:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
§qu@r3 Wh33£s

Old December 24th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

Default international scout - File 1 of 3 - 1979 International Scout II 1c 345ci.jpg (0/1)

§qu@r3 Wh33£s > wrote
> Don't have any, but there are a few nice ones he
> http://4wheeldrive.about.com/od/ihsc...H_Scout_Rides_

> hoto_Gallery_of_International_Scout_4x4s.htm

I know this looks like a RHD version, but the instrument panel on the
LHD version is similar in that the speedometer is way off to the right.

It looks like they had to do that because they needed to put a screw in
the middle of the gauges, which put the screw in the center instead of
the speedometer.

The Scout was developed in 2 years for a Jan 1961 launch, and that was
quick for that time. I guess that explains why the driver had to look
to the right to see the speed he was going.

But what would a buyer think when he gets into the vehicle and sees the
speedometer way off to the right? So sales were lower than what it
could have been, and they didn't bother to (or didn't have the money
because of poor sales because of their original poor decision) fix the
look.

And if you ordered the clock, it would appear in front of the passenger
near the bottom of the dash. Kinda useless for the driver, again.

Ron
Old December 24th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

§qu@r3 Wh33£s > wrote

Old December 24th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

Default international scout - File 1 of 3 - 1979 International Scout II 1c 345ci.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1979 International Scout II 1c 345ci.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	18636
Old December 24th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1979 International Scout II 1c 345ci.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	18637
Old December 24th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

Default international scout - File 2 of 3 - 1979 International Scout II 1a 345ci.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1979 International Scout II 1a 345ci.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	18638
Old December 24th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1979 International Scout II 1a 345ci.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	18639
Old December 24th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

Default international scout - File 3 of 3 - 1979 International Scout II 1b 345ci.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1979 International Scout II 1b 345ci.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	18640