Oil Change

Old October 24th 04, 08:54 PM
Bill Berckman

Default Oil Change

Changed the oil on the 67 today. Was detirmined that not one of the 6 nuts was
going to fall into the drained oil as per usual this time. Not one of them
did, but when tightening them back up, I dropped the ratchet and socket in the
oil. Oh well maybe next time. )
Bill Berckman
67 Beetle

Old October 24th 04, 10:18 PM
Some Dude

Get yourself a drain pan that has a screen over it. I have a small one I got at Advance Auto Parts that works fine with
the small capacities my 2CV and Beetle hold. They aren't very expensive and make things go easier.

Old October 24th 04, 11:35 PM
ilambert

Hi.Look on the brite side.That rathet and socket are now lubed and
rust-prof.LOLo

Old October 24th 04, 11:48 PM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Bill Berckman wrote:
> Changed the oil on the 67 today. Was detirmined that not one of the 6 nuts was
> going to fall into the drained oil as per usual this time. Not one of them
> did, but when tightening them back up, I dropped the ratchet and socket in the
> oil. Oh well maybe next time. )

I too did an oil change today. My drain pan has a plastic screen over
the opening, but the mesh is open enough that a nut could fall through.
While putting fifth nut back on I thought to myself, "I better move the
drain pan in case I drop one." So I moved it. Then dropped the nut. And
it fell safely onto the ground.

Sometimes you win one, sometimes you don't. I reckon that the number of
wins and losses is a universal constant and the universe works hard to
keep things in balance. My win balanced your loss. I thank you! Next
time it might go the other way, and you'll be the recipient.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
Old October 24th 04, 11:56 PM
Shaggie

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:35:55 -0400, "ilambert" >
wrote:

>Hi.Look on the brite side.That rathet and socket are now lubed and
>rust-prof.LOLo

ahaHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, HO HO HO HO HO HO!!! HEE HEE HEE! Oh, stop!
My ribs! AHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, that's a good one!!!! HAHAHAHA! OMFG!!!
tHe FUNNY!!!! ROFLPIMP!!!! OMFG!!! ROFL!!!! LOL!!!!

--

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite,
and furthermore always carry a small snake.
Old October 25th 04, 01:58 PM
Ant

Bah, that's nothin. Last week I discover that it is not a good idea to
change the oil on a very windy day, and I also discover how light oil can
be and what a terrible stains it leaves on the parking lot...... >

Ant

Bill Berckman wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

> Changed the oil on the 67 today. Was detirmined that not one of the 6
> nuts was
> going to fall into the drained oil as per usual this time. Not one of
> them did, but when tightening them back up, I dropped the ratchet and
> socket in the
> oil. Oh well maybe next time. )
> Bill Berckman
> 67 Beetle

Thanks but my penis, breasts and mortgage have exactly the right size.
Not interested in your spam