defroster-air conditioning question

Old August 15th 04, 02:26 AM
Scubabix

Default defroster-air conditioning question

When I'm using my a/c in my 96 coupe,(in Florida most of the time) I get
condensation on the windshield over the defroster vents. There is cold air
coming out of the vents. Is it possible the defroster flap ( or whatever
it's called) isn't shutting the flow off completely when turning on the a/c
and if so, what can be done without completely removing the dash?

Rob
78 & 96 coupes

Old August 19th 04, 04:58 PM
Don B.

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:26:53 -0400, "Scubabix" >
wrote:

>When I'm using my a/c in my 96 coupe,(in Florida most of the time) I get
>condensation on the windshield over the defroster vents. There is cold air
>coming out of the vents. Is it possible the defroster flap ( or whatever
>it's called) isn't shutting the flow off completely when turning on the a/c
>and if so, what can be done without completely removing the dash?
>
>Rob
>78 & 96 coupes

Rob, If you have the climate control or what ever they call it there
is a vaccume module. it is controled by the buttons in the dash, the
buttons in the dash send electronic to the elcectronic vaccume control
module, its failed position is defrost. as far as I know it is not in
the dash.

hope this helps.
Old August 20th 04, 03:09 AM
Chet Doboe

Rob I have the same problem with my 96 vert. Don't have a clue what the
deal is, but it drives us crazy trying to keep windshield clear to drive.

Any Ideas, add us to the list who would appreciate any ideas.

Chet
96 vert Lu Loo

Old August 20th 04, 03:45 PM
Don B.

Chet & Rob,

There is a electric to vaccume control module, when it fails it
defaults to the defrost mode, is is not the buttons in the dash they
are all electronic

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 02:09:43 GMT, "Chet Doboe" >
wrote:

>Rob I have the same problem with my 96 vert. Don't have a clue what the
>deal is, but it drives us crazy trying to keep windshield clear to drive.
>
>Any Ideas, add us to the list who would appreciate any ideas.
>
>Chet
>96 vert Lu Loo

.. .

Old August 20th 04, 10:30 PM
Scubabix

I kind of thought that, now the tough question, how difficult is the control
module to get to change? I'm moderately capable with tools if I know
exactly what has to be done, just not a mechanical wizard then
troubleshooting.

Rob

Old August 21st 04, 05:38 PM
Don B.

IOn Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:30:44 -0400, "Scubabix" >
wrote:

>I kind of thought that, now the tough question, how difficult is the control
>module to get to change? I'm moderately capable with tools if I know
>exactly what has to be done, just not a mechanical wizard then
>troubleshooting.
>
>Rob
>
>"Don B." make the one numeric> wrote in message
.. .
>> Chet & Rob,
>>
>> There is a electric to vaccume control module, when it fails it
>> defaults to the defrost mode, is is not the buttons in the dash they
>> are all electronic

I'm not sure I'm pretty good with tools but the clinker is if you buy
the part from a chevy dealer, you are stuck with it if it doesn't
correct the problem. the part was about 900 bucks. alot to risk if
it doesn't fix the problem.

Transmission fluid filter question LIW Audi 0 November 22nd 04 04:45 PM
E34 question Vernon Balbert BMW 11 October 27th 04 01:37 PM
e36 automatic air conditioning controls Q boy BMW 2 October 15th 04 12:08 AM
e36 automatic air conditioning controls Q boy BMW 0 October 14th 04 06:30 PM
1992 525i Auto Trans question Scott BMW 1 October 10th 04 03:14 PM