Intake Manifold Recommendation - Torker?

Old August 24th 04, 01:29 PM

Default Intake Manifold Recommendation - Torker?

Ernie, I have a 1970 454 . I used to have the Torker on it and its
better than the stock manifold . No problem on hood clearance. But, i
found the warmup characteristics of it not too good. Once the engine is
warmed up, its fine. The Torker is a Single Plane manifold as you might
know, and is really intended for racing. I switched to the Air Gap RPM
Manifold by Edelbrock along with the required L88 hood for clearance,
and the difference in low end torque was noticable. I have a 750
SpeedDemon double pumper mech secs no choke carb on it ... and it is an
ideal match. Warm up characteristics are great, when first started it
idles smooth at 750 rpm and when fully warm it idles at 950 rpm --- with
no choke. Your best combo for added power is going to be with an L88
hood having the fresh air chamber and hi rise AirGap manifold.

Dave

Old August 24th 04, 04:08 PM
Dr.HaŁ0nfire$

--
My IMPROVED website now on my server @
http://earthnet.myftp.org
Old August 24th 04, 04:08 PM
Dr.HaŁ0nfire$

Old August 24th 04, 08:15 PM

Sharron says of me :

'im a single male no children but did lose one to God many years ago im
a christian but have recently found myself fighting with homesexual
demons in my mind i am around children often and worry about my feelings
for them too id like someone other than my minister to discuss this
situation wioth
dave>>>'
--

ME: Bwwaaahhhahahah.....are you still using that old doctored up post of
mine which doesnt represent the original Sharron ??!! You really need

Cheers, Dave

______________________________
'God doesnt believe in Atheists either'
______________________________

Old August 25th 04, 06:07 PM
ken

it's your's all rightdave, from inside the webtv firewall where you
THOUGHT you were safe asking for help with you little "problem"

But then if I was a perv like dave the fundy fool having problems with
homosexual feelings, I probably would deny it too.

I think he uses his vet as an "extension" of his manhood...sure had
bragged about it a lot!!!

M30 Intake Manifold Bill BMW 6 November 21st 04 11:39 AM
AIr Intake for 325 E-30 Surf BMW 1 October 15th 04 10:36 PM
Need Intake Maniford for Weber Carbs (1984 Spider Volace) r.amber Alfa Romeo 0 June 19th 04 10:28 PM