Thrustmaster Rallye GT or Logitech G25?

Old December 20th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Helicon_One

Default Thrustmaster Rallye GT or Logitech G25?

OK, so my last wheel (Thrustmaster 360 Modena... yeah, I know) died a few
months back and I've been meaning to get a replacement for a while, but
never got around to it. Now Overclockers (www.overclockers.co.uk) has the
Thrustmaster Rallye GT for £70.49 as a one-week special, and the Logitech
G25 available for £176.24 (for the US readers, that exchanges to $138.50 and
$346.28 respectively).

For those prices, which one should I go for? Is the Logitech worth £105/$200
more than the Thrustmaster? I'm not exactly the most hardcore of hardcore,
but I do want a good wheel and I want to get back into online racing. Is the
Thrustmaster 'good enough', or will I be missing out on a huge improvement
by going for it?

Thanks in advance,
Tim
--
----------------
I can see why they've outlawed firearms in the UK. People like you wouldn't

If you want to reply by email, replace the asterisks with underscores.

Old December 21st 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

"Helicon_One" > wrote in message
> OK, so my last wheel (Thrustmaster 360 Modena... yeah, I know) died a few
> months back and I've been meaning to get a replacement for a while, but
> never got around to it. Now Overclockers (www.overclockers.co.uk) has the
> Thrustmaster Rallye GT for £70.49 as a one-week special, and the Logitech
> G25 available for £176.24 (for the US readers, that exchanges to $138.50
> and $346.28 respectively).
>
> For those prices, which one should I go for? Is the Logitech worth
> £105/$200 more than the Thrustmaster? I'm not exactly the most hardcore of
> hardcore, but I do want a good wheel and I want to get back into online
> racing. Is the Thrustmaster 'good enough', or will I be missing out on a
> huge improvement by going for it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tim

A lot depends on how serious you are about your simming. I KNOW that my next
wheel will be a G25 or something similiar. I have a black MOMO which has
been replaced under warranty 5 times because of the pedal problem that has
plagued it from the get-go. My present one has been going fine for quite
some time, but the problem will raise it's ugly head again I am sure. My
problem is that the extra $10 I paid for the 3yr warranty still has a lot of
time on it. With the Rallye GT you are getting a wheel that is in the class
of the Momo without the pedal problem. It is a good and functional combo.
With the G25 you are stepping up in class. It is meant to take the abuse and
keep on going.

Ed

Old December 21st 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
straiton

I'm using an RGT at the moment and have been for just on a year.Still
works.Was squeaking internally a few weeks after i bought it,opened it up,
almost no lube on cogs or belt tensioner.Left gear shift paddle has lost
it's click action recently on the microswitch, but works fine.Been meaning
to open it up to have a looksee.
FF may be wanting in some sims.Not sure if that's the wheel or the sim.
But,I find this wheel plenty good enough, price was right..Was a big upgrade
for me from the original Thrusty Grand Prix.
Hmmm...$200 diff...depends how much you like your driving on the PC.Only you
can make that decision.
ATM I have 7 racing sims ( not counting mods) that occupy my time( get into
LFS online occasionally too)

http://www.simhq.com/
have review of G25(4 parts) plus videos in action with RBR and GTR2
--

Steve H

Old December 21st 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mcewena

> G25 available for £176.24 (for the US readers, that exchanges to $138.50 and
> $346.28 respectively).

To complicate your decision further the G25 is available in Canada for
$250 CDN and comes on sale for less, that's about $225USD

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...cture=Logitech