Rfactor n00b questions

Old December 11th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

Default Rfactor n00b questions

A couple of weeks ago I bought a new pc, so finally I can play sims
like GTR2 and Rfactor. I also bought the G25 so I'm a very happy
person now

Because my old pc really couldn't handle modern sims (I started to
have crappy fps with F1C, let alone GTR2) I really missed out on
everything that was released the last couple of years.

The first sims I bought after I got the pc were GTL and GTR2. Great
sims. However, this weekend I bought Rfactor, and after messing around
with a couple of mods I must say that so far this really is a
fantastic sim.

Especially the 1979 mod blew me away, but also the F1 mod, Historic GT
mod and tracks like Pikes Peak, banked Monza and Bathurst are superb.
The possibilities of Rfactor are endless and I´m surprised it hasn´t
been picked up by everyone yet, comparing to the huge amount of
modders for GPL, which is much less userfriendly to make mods for.

Anyway, what I would like to know is how to get rid of the whole
buying cars stuff. I downloaded the F1 mod, and the only car I can
drive is the Minardi. I´m ´not allowed´ to drive the Ferrari. This
sucks and I really hope someone can give me a fix for this.

Also, is there a ´shift-R´ option? I couldnt find it in the config
menu. Would be quite handy for those Pikes Peak sessions

Cheers
Andre
Old December 11th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Andre Warringa wrote:

> Anyway, what I would like to know is how to get rid of the whole
> buying cars stuff. I downloaded the F1 mod, and the only car I can
> drive is the Minardi. I´m ´not allowed´ to drive the Ferrari. This
> sucks and I really hope someone can give me a fix for this.

Try these:

In a single player game, fire up a test day, type ISI_BABYFACTORY (with
capitals) in the chat windows, leave the track and you should see your
credits go sky high. Now, pick any car you like from that series.

ISI_SKIDMORE - gives you back a percentage of the money you currently
own, must be typed multiple times if you are low on cash

ISI_SKENDERBEU - gives you a percentage of experience points that you
currently have, again, must type multiple times if you don't have much
experience

Cheers
Tony
Old December 11th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard wrote:
> In a single player game, fire up a test day, type ISI_BABYFACTORY (with
> capitals) in the chat windows, leave the track and you should see your
> credits go sky high. Now, pick any car you like from that series.
>
> ISI_SKIDMORE - gives you back a percentage of the money you currently
> own, must be typed multiple times if you are low on cash
>
> ISI_SKENDERBEU - gives you a percentage of experience points that you
> currently have, again, must type multiple times if you don't have much
> experience

If that doesn't work for the CTDP mod then try this:

goto your UserData folder

\rFactor\UserData\yourname\

Open F1CTDP.cch

Under CAREER, find "Experience" (it's the first line) change that amount
100000 or more

Save
Old December 11th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony Rickard

Andre Warringa wrote:

> The first sims I bought after I got the pc were GTL and GTR2. Great
> sims. However, this weekend I bought Rfactor, and after messing around
> with a couple of mods I must say that so far this really is a
> fantastic sim.

rFactor is very good, although there is also an Aussie V8 mod now for
GTR2. The GT cars have never really done it for me but the V8s are
somewhat more frenetic. The AI is pretty good too in true Aussie V8 fashion.

This may seem a bit mad but running a V8 in the wet is great fun. There
is a big selection of tracks for GTR2 too. In its original form GTR2 is
about endurance racing, the V8 mod gives us more of a flag to flag flat
out style I prefer.

I would highly recommend it although getting through all the mods and
tracks for rFactor, GTL and GTR2 is going to take all of your available
time!

Cheers
Tony
Old December 12th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

What do the "experience points" do for you? am I handicapped because I just
fresh installed the rfacotr back onto a fresh windows, and I am racing with
league guys on practice nights (in the SCE mods?) I didnt know about the
upgrades for the cars (engines and stuff, didnt make that much difference
though, but that could be just my drivin skills)

I really wonder what the experience does, make the car have more power or
something, or is it going to be like giving yourself "ranks" in NR03?

Tony Rickard enlightened us with:

Old December 12th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

>ISI_SKENDERBEU - gives you a percentage of experience points that you
>currently have, again, must type multiple times if you don't have much
>experience
>
>Cheers
>Tony

Thanks Tony. I don't understand at all why the hell they implemented
things like money and experience points in a sim like this, but
luckily there are cheats

Don't get me wrong by the way, I like GTL and GTR2 also very much, but
driving the Ferrari in the '79 mod around Monaco was fantastic. Gonna
try that baby on the Ring now This mod and for example rallycars on
Pikes Peak give me a sensation of danger and speed that I haven't
experienced since GPL. I miss that sensation a bit in GTR2 and GTL.

Netkar Pro is very promosing, but too much beta for me to actually
buy. RBR is awesome, I allready had it on the PS2, but driving with
the G25 makes is a lot more fun than driving with a gamepad

Any other sim released in the last two years that are worth checking
out?

Cheers
Andre
Old December 12th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

On 12 Dec 2006 11:33:34 +0100, Uwe Schürkamp
> wrote:

>Nobody mentioned the ISI_BABYFACTORY thingie yet? Gives you tons of
>money and experience, I believe.
>
>Good to have you back, Andre!

Thanks

>BTW, I was in a Porsche cup race last night at Silverstone and saw a guy
>named Dick Trickle. Reminded me of the RASCAR era, but he was gone
>before I could ask him or her if they were the same person.
>
>Cheers, uwe

Porsche cup.. that's Rfactor you're talking about?

Andre
Old December 13th 06, 10:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Hans de Heer

Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> Nobody mentioned the ISI_BABYFACTORY thingie yet?

I think Tony mentioned it, in his first reply.

Regards, Hans

Old December 13th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

On 13 Dec 2006 09:59:34 +0100, Uwe Schürkamp
> wrote:

>Yep, there's a porsche cup mod (PCC05) out, check rfactorcentral.com for
>details. I don't race it that often these days as my prerfence is with
>the sports cars and F1 1979, but it's usually easier to find a
>full-field pickup race in the Meganes or PCC.
>
>Cheers, uwe

Yep, that 1979 mod is great. However, yesterday I added some AI's
during a test sessions at the Ring. When I started the race, the AI
were flying all around me through the air, spinning like crazy.
It was quite a funny sight so I watched it for a minute.
But then suddenly Rfactor freezed, ctrl-alt-del didnt even work, had
to give it a hard reset.
Same thing happened when I started a 1979 race at Monaco.

Is there allready a fix for this problem?

And - is there a 'reset car' option? On some of the tracks, like Pikes
Peak, the car easily gets stuck while driving off the road. Shift-R
would be nice

Cheers
Andre
Old December 14th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

>Glad to hear you like the 1979 mod. Sorry but I have no idea what could
>be wrong with the AI there, they drive quite nicely and pretty fast on
>my end. What kind of start (standing / rolling / pace lap) was set for
>the race?

I don't know, didnt know I could choose that.. will do some testing
and I'll let you know.

>Not that I know of. Just stay on the black stuff, keeping the shiny side
>up ;-)
>
>Cheers, uwe

Problem is that is no black stuff at Pikes Peak, only sand and mud

Cheers
Andre