Question about racing seats, frames, cockpits... that sort of thing.

Old October 10th 05, 03:37 AM
btgoss

Default Question about racing seats, frames, cockpits... that sort of thing.

Hello All,
I have been looking through the web and various posts about racing
frames, cockpits, and wheel/seat setups as I need to build one. I have
been having this little battle with cancer, and while things are
basically going my way at the moment, the medication is bringing me
down. I might be one of a very few who can say they are too sick/hurt
to race a sim. My chemo has wrecked my legs, and it is keeping me from
racing. I get numb legs very quickly, unless I have my legs elevated.
Something that is not possible with my current setup (standard office
chair with pedals on the floor).
So I was wondering, if anyone has plans for building a race
frame/cockpit (whatever you would call it) that includes support for
ones legs, please let me see your website. I think I am going to have
to build something along the lines of a dentist chair, but I am not
sure. If there is anyone who has built something to deal with a DVT
type situation, please let me know what you did.

btgoss @ gmail.com

Thanks.

Old October 10th 05, 06:02 AM
ymenard

>"btgoss" > wrote
> So I was wondering, if anyone has plans for building a race
> frame/cockpit (whatever you would call it) that includes support for
> ones legs, please let me see your website. I think I am going to have
> to build something along the lines of a dentist chair, but I am not
> sure. If there is anyone who has built something to deal with a DVT
> type situation, please let me know what you did.

Have you ever considered a wheel that has analogue paddles behind, similar
to the old GP1 wheel from Thrustmaster (they don't make them controllers
like that anymore). The Logitech Driving Force is one of them.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old October 10th 05, 02:44 PM
ljar1

you will find heaps of idears here http://eracer.schoonersolutions.com/
try links top of page home built .
hope this helps pal

leo

oups.com...

Old October 10th 05, 09:18 PM
elrikk

"ymenard" > wrote in message
.. .

> Have you ever considered a wheel that has analogue paddles behind, similar
> to the old GP1 wheel from Thrustmaster (they don't make them controllers
> like that anymore). The Logitech Driving Force is one of them.
>
> --
> -- François Ménard <ymenard>
> -- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez
> Corporation - helping America into the New World...

I have been using the Logitech Driving Force for a couple of years now and
it's ok, but I have a question for anyone who cares to answer.

The new BRD Speed 7 wheel has an option (an expensive option) which among
other features has what their ad refers to as "analog clutch paddles".
Would it be possible to use these paddles to control acceleration and
braking instead ?

If so this could be the way to go if money was no object.

Elrikk ( Hoping that this can be done. )

TJ Door frames - stupid newbie question [email protected] Jeep 11 July 19th 05 04:22 AM
racing seats kyle lallave General 0 November 12th 04 03:38 AM
Sport Seats in a '99 FRC? Bill Pallies Corvette 0 October 12th 04 04:31 AM