Where are the tracks for rF?

Old September 26th 05, 07:50 PM
Arto Wikla

>Here's where you can keep an eye on what's coming:
>http://www.paddedwall.org/rTCDD2/index.php

Yes, I've been there 10 times a day...

Arto

Old September 26th 05, 09:04 PM
Dave

"Don Scurlock" > wrote in message

> Here's where you can keep an eye on what's coming:
> http://www.paddedwall.org/rTCDD2/index.php

Hey, Lawnmower racing..... what will they think of next?

Old September 27th 05, 02:42 AM
ymenard

>"Dave" > wrote
> Hey, Lawnmower racing..... what will they think of next?

It's actually more fun than you think. Those things look great to drive
(saw them on TV)... pushing so much in the corners. Still, nobody has a
clue of the quality of the dirt/grass physics of rFactor. It's surely not
near RBR, but that's speculative.

Anyway the Lawmower mod is something that was originally done for NR2003,
but those retards at iRacing decided to put a filesuit on them and force
them not to release it. 'cause Lawnmower racing surely would hurt their
non-existant sales <roll eyes>

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old September 27th 05, 08:25 PM
Byron Forbes

"ymenard" > wrote in message
.. .
> >"Dave" > wrote
>> Hey, Lawnmower racing..... what will they think of next?

> It's actually more fun than you think. Those things look great to drive
> (saw them on TV)... pushing so much in the corners. Still, nobody has a
> clue of the quality of the dirt/grass physics of rFactor. It's surely not
> near RBR, but that's speculative.
>

> Anyway the Lawmower mod is something that was originally done for NR2003,
> but those retards at iRacing decided to put a filesuit on them and force
> them not to release it. 'cause Lawnmower racing surely would hurt their
> non-existant sales <roll eyes>

Now be fair - we all know that Mr Kaemer has had his heart set on doing
a lawnmower sim for years. He had to pay for the licensing too you know! And
just imagine the heartbreak if someone beat him to the punch! And as you
say, not to mention the huge dint it would have put in their future products
(I heard a whisper they're due for release around 2234AD).

Old September 27th 05, 08:41 PM
mcewena

> > Anyway the Lawmower mod is something that was originally done for NR2003,
> > but those retards at iRacing decided to put a filesuit on them and force
> > them not to release it. 'cause Lawnmower racing surely would hurt their
> > non-existant sales <roll eyes>
> >

> Now be fair - we all know that Mr Kaemer has had his heart set on doing
> a lawnmower sim for years. He had to pay for the licensing too you know!

Shows how much you guys know, it was really a public liability issue:
Had the unlicensed lawnmower NR mod been released, it's inevitable
success would have been picked up by news media world wide (much like
the GTA have-sex-with-who-you-run-over mod), and the resulting press
frenzy would have produced an unprecedented increase in world wide real
life lawnmower racing.

1st's legal team knew how dangerous lawnmower racing really is to the
untrained novice (first you have to take the blade off you know), so
when little Jimmy lost his fingers in heat 1 of his regional
championship 1st saw that the litigation chain would have taken Jimmy's
lawyers directly to them.

So sadly, as much as they're on the side of the sim racing community
they had to nip this one in the bud for there own long term survival,
you know the old saying, "live by the lawsuit, die by the lawsuit"..

Old October 7th 05, 08:37 PM
Milo Johnson

Just convert the f1 tracks and let people have them!
If they aren't up to your standards you sure don't have to download them but
let us make up our own minds if we want to use the converted tracks or not!

MILO

Old October 9th 05, 12:24 AM
Byron Forbes

Agree 100%. The sites keeping track of this stuff should put these
tracks up and simply have them tagged as "Converted" and probably a few
comments with reguard to start lights and any other ommisions.

"Milo Johnson" > wrote in message
. ..
> Just convert the f1 tracks and let people have them!
> If they aren't up to your standards you sure don't have to download them
> but let us make up our own minds if we want to use the converted tracks or
> not!
>
> MILO
> "John Smith" > wrote in message
>> While i love Birmingham, whats taking so long for some more tracks? Is it
>> too hard to just convert some F1C tracks to rF?

Any Tracks for rfactor already? Cris Eichler Simulators 7 September 3rd 05 04:38 AM
NSR - Narrow Tracks Larry Simulators 9 February 19th 05 02:59 PM
GTP Tracks? Tiny Lund Simulators 4 February 4th 05 06:01 PM
New sims and old tracks... John DiFool Simulators 9 January 14th 05 09:21 PM
Fi Challenge add on tracks Battle Weary Simulators 1 October 26th 04 06:27 PM