rFactor Player BAN

Old December 20th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Pee JayEl

Default rFactor Player BAN

When you get banned are you banned forever or does it "time-out" after a
specified length of time?

I don't know if you anybody here as been on the Megane - Dutch Racing League
server, but I was banned for what reason I don't know. I didn't drive
anybody off intentionally, nor did I cause any kind of problems at the start
of the race. I try and keep a clear path for any "ALIENS" that may be
racing on that server. They do have a lot of driving aids turned on, so I
figure that the racers there are not all expected to be EXPERT class.

It is generally a full grid so I always hang back to let the "first turn
race winners" get it out of their system. If anybody is in the Dutch
Racing League can you explain why you ban without explanation? You should
at least give the racers a warning and a BOOT if necessary, then if they
persist go ahead and BAN.

Thanks,

PJ

Old December 20th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
==--==

Interesting question PJ

Sorry I don't have an answer, but I do feel for you.
I was on an rFactor server called 'something'INTERNATIONAL'something' ONCE.
I've never been banned anywhere ever in any sim (since '98).
I got pushed, punted, rubbed, blocked, ... finally I take a little agressive
action of my own by going inside on a hairpin (contact be damned at that
point!) and less than one minute later I was banned (for life I guess - I
don't care) Better not to race on servers that allow 'buddies' to punt but
will ban anyone else that touches even accidentally.

FWIW
==--==

ng.com...

Old December 21st 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Emma Ward

"Pee JayEl" > wrote in message
ng.com...
> When you get banned are you banned forever or does it "time-out" after a
> specified length of time?
>
> I don't know if you anybody here as been on the Megane - Dutch Racing
> League
> server, but I was banned for what reason I don't know. I didn't drive
> anybody off intentionally, nor did I cause any kind of problems at the
> start
> of the race. I try and keep a clear path for any "ALIENS" that may be
> racing on that server. They do have a lot of driving aids turned on, so I
> figure that the racers there are not all expected to be EXPERT class.
>
> It is generally a full grid so I always hang back to let the "first turn
> race winners" get it out of their system. If anybody is in the Dutch
> Racing League can you explain why you ban without explanation? You should
> at least give the racers a warning and a BOOT if necessary, then if they
> persist go ahead and BAN.
>
> Thanks,
>
> PJ

I've not been banned from any R-Factor races.. buy I was kicked in a Race
WTCC race the other night... reason...

Well I passed a Seat cleanly as he went over the kerb....
Next lap he stuffed me up the arse.. got passed....
Next lap I had recovered and made a clean pass....
3 corners later.. he smacked straight into me pushing me off..
Then as I caught him on the next lap.. he did the same thing to the car in
front...

So in the lobby I said that he was a little rough in passing.. the other car
he hit agreed...
Then I was put forward for being kicked.. and I got voted out...

Made me laugh really as people voted together.. yet he was the crap and
clueless chap that made all the mistakes...

I wouldn't worry about being kicked.. but it does make you want to spit
teeth!

Old December 21st 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Pee JayEl

Emma Ward <senninha1@ sad.btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Pee JayEl" > wrote in message
> ng.com...
> > When you get banned are you banned forever or does it "time-out" after a
> > specified length of time?
> >
> > I don't know if you anybody here as been on the Megane - Dutch Racing
> > League
> > server, but I was banned for what reason I don't know. I didn't drive
> > anybody off intentionally, nor did I cause any kind of problems at the
> > start
> > of the race. I try and keep a clear path for any "ALIENS" that may be
> > racing on that server. They do have a lot of driving aids turned on, so

> > figure that the racers there are not all expected to be EXPERT class.
> >
> > It is generally a full grid so I always hang back to let the "first turn
> > race winners" get it out of their system. If anybody is in the Dutch
> > Racing League can you explain why you ban without explanation? You

should
> > at least give the racers a warning and a BOOT if necessary, then if they
> > persist go ahead and BAN.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > PJ
> >

> I've not been banned from any R-Factor races.. buy I was kicked in a Race
> WTCC race the other night... reason...
>
> Well I passed a Seat cleanly as he went over the kerb....
> Next lap he stuffed me up the arse.. got passed....
> Next lap I had recovered and made a clean pass....
> 3 corners later.. he smacked straight into me pushing me off..
> Then as I caught him on the next lap.. he did the same thing to the car in
> front...
>
> So in the lobby I said that he was a little rough in passing.. the other

car
> he hit agreed...
> Then I was put forward for being kicked.. and I got voted out...
>
> Made me laugh really as people voted together.. yet he was the crap and
> clueless chap that made all the mistakes...
>
> I wouldn't worry about being kicked.. but it does make you want to spit
> teeth!

I don't mind if I get KICKED, however, BANNED is far more serious because
you can't get back on the server. There should be some protocol, to be
first kicked with a reason and then banned if you continue; although, is
there honour among on-line racers?? ) <----- NOTE THE SMILEY, although
is does make it less subtle if I have to point it out ) (Again, note the
smiley)

PJ