How do I get Speed Channel?

Old December 15th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

Default How do I get Speed Channel?

"murph1012" > wrote in message

> "M." > wrote in message
>> "Tony Jester" > wrote in message
>> . net...
>>>
>>> I live in a rural area where cable will never be available. I know I
>>> can
>>> get Speed in a package with Dish Network, but I don't want all the other
>>> channels that it comes bundled with. Is there any way to get just Speed
>>> Channel with a large dish? Thanks.
>>>
>>> -Tony-
>>>

>> Why would you want the Speed channel, it's just NASCAR all the time -
>> it's
>> not near as interesting as it used to be, when it was Speedvision.
>>

> Agreed, SPEEDTV sucks.
> I watch it very little nowadays. Just Bull**** NASCAR, Bike/Car Buildoff,
> Corbin Rideon/Commercials for feck'in cookie cutter rubberband drive
> choppers, and the feck'in worse of the worse PINKS!, Unique Whips &
> Bobsledding
>
> No wait a minute, it's that feck'in guy with the handlebar mustache!
>
> No wait it's that NOPI program that's the worse.
>
> See what I mean? feck'in BULL****!
>
> I just download all the racing I want to see from TV caps mostly EuroSport
> TV, No commercials and less babbling overpaid announcers.

Well, it IS the only access to live F1 coverage in the US.

Ed

Old December 15th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

hell, I had to go higher, because speed is NOT as good as it used to be, but now I can watch the other good channels like outdoor (joke) well more discovery channels. love that science this week I think it is, on Science channel.
B Wegner enlightened us with:

Old December 15th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

you dont think that stupid ass show aint scripted? ****. what I find so
atractive about the shows you list, is it just seems to so blatently show
how fecking dumb some people are... "Im here to show you how much goddam
money you can waste on a car, 1st lets install 14 plasma tv's in this some
beech, then some 33 inch wheels, that make the car look like it was designed
with wheels from a 1870's 2 horse coffin hauler. paint everything red or
neon..." and then wonder why some dick skinner stole this some bitch while
parked out side the quicksack...
Larry enlightened us with:

Old December 18th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
M.

"Ed Medlin" > wrote in message

> Well, it IS the only access to live F1 coverage in the US.
>
> Ed

Forgot about the F1 coverage. I'm mainly peeved that my cable company
doesn't carry Speed. I do miss the WRC coverage, d/l divx files via file
sharing just isn't the same.

M.

Old December 18th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

There's a cable company that doesn't carry Speed ? Now that's really odd!

-Larry

Old December 18th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

"Larry" > wrote in message
> There's a cable company that doesn't carry Speed ? Now that's really odd!
>
> -Larry

Lots more than one. Lots of small ma & pa companies in rural areas don't. I
don't even have the choice of cable where I live, although I am less than
..5mi from folks that do. I have a .75mi private road and no cable company is
going to run the cable for 3-4 users. Everyone here has Direct or Dish
anyway. The prices on Direct TV are a good bit less, with a much better
choice of packages than any of the cable outfits around here. The local
cable co. here does not offer any Fox Sports Networks, and thus no Speed.

Ed