Giulietta - new photos

Old December 29th 09, 11:33 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Default Giulietta - new photos

Catman > wrote:

> 116 series Giulietta
> 116 series Giulietta
> 1.5 Sud Sprint
> 1.7 Sud Sprint
> 3l 75
> 2l 75
> 2l 75
> 2l 155
> 2l 156
> 2.5l 156
> 3.2l GT
> 2l 145
> 2l GTV

Hmmm...

33 16v
33 8v
2l 75
2l 155
2l 156
2l 156

Also owned [1] 3 Fiats, 3 VWs, 3 Fords, 1 Nissan and 1 Toymota.

We're unlikely to ever have a 159 - they're too big as a '2nd car', so
will probably try and run the 156 until the MiTo or, more likely,
Giulietta are available at the right kind of money. It's either that, or
a Fiat 500 or Bravo.

I just wish I could ditch the Toymota in favour of a VW Golf or Passat,
though.

Spending our own money, I'd still choose an Alfa over anything else in
the respective classes - with the Fiats coming in a close 2nd.

[1] OK, not all technically 'owned' - some were / are company cars.
--
SteveH
Old December 29th 09, 11:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> 116 series Giulietta
>> 116 series Giulietta
>> 1.5 Sud Sprint
>> 1.7 Sud Sprint
>> 3l 75
>> 2l 75
>> 2l 75
>> 2l 155
>> 2l 156
>> 2.5l 156
>> 3.2l GT
>> 2l 145
>> 2l GTV

> Hmmm...
>
> 33 16v
> 33 8v
> 2l 75
> 2l 155
> 2l 156
> 2l 156
>
> Also owned [1] 3 Fiats, 3 VWs, 3 Fords, 1 Nissan and 1 Toymota.
>
> We're unlikely to ever have a 159 - they're too big as a '2nd car', so
> will probably try and run the 156 until the MiTo or, more likely,
> Giulietta are available at the right kind of money. It's either that, or
> a Fiat 500 or Bravo.
>
> I just wish I could ditch the Toymota in favour of a VW Golf or Passat,
> though.
>
> Spending our own money, I'd still choose an Alfa over anything else in
> the respective classes

Which is where it falls down for me. The 'class' is becoming less
important. YMMV.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old December 29th 09, 11:48 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> 116 series Giulietta
>> 116 series Giulietta
>> 1.5 Sud Sprint
>> 1.7 Sud Sprint
>> 3l 75
>> 2l 75
>> 2l 75
>> 2l 155
>> 2l 156
>> 2.5l 156
>> 3.2l GT
>> 2l 145
>> 2l GTV

> Hmmm...
>
> 33 16v
> 33 8v
> 2l 75
> 2l 155
> 2l 156
> 2l 156

We should probably point out that there is a cross over between SteveH's
list and mine

Old December 30th 09, 12:07 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> > Spending our own money, I'd still choose an Alfa over anything else in
> > the respective classes

> Which is where it falls down for me. The 'class' is becoming less
> important. YMMV.

It's a convenient way of comparing cars, though.

I can't afford to buy or run a Maserati, Mrs H doesn't want to drive
anything as big as a 159.

Which means, for her / the 2nd car, we're looking at the 'supermini' or
'family hatch' 'classes'.
--
SteveH
Old December 30th 09, 12:10 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Catman > wrote:

> We should probably point out that there is a cross over between SteveH's
> list and mine

It appears that 'our' 155 has now been scrapped.
--
SteveH
Old December 30th 09, 08:12 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> We should probably point out that there is a cross over between SteveH's
>> list and mine

> It appears that 'our' 155 has now been scrapped.

It drowned in steering fluid

Old December 30th 09, 12:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
J.D.[_2_]

Uhh my bad English!
You completly misunderstood me. It is a little problem
for me to explain everything I want to say or what I think.
I am not against anybody here, and not against german car lovers.
Please try to understand. I read this newsgroup because I love
Alfa Romeo. When I see Alfa Romeo on the road I think:
Here it is, one of us. Alfa Romeo is my love and I am ready
to forgive her everything. And when you love somebody or
something you can not put in connection word "ugly" with
her/him/it. For us, Alfisti, there is no other car then Alfa Romeo.
Maybe it seems that I am not quite normal but it is the way it is.
(In other things I am normal ).
I was born like that, don't know why.
At the end I wish you a happy New Year.

Old December 30th 09, 12:17 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
J.D.[_2_]

"Catman" > wrote in message

> Sorry. I have no idea how old you are, but I am going to go out on a limb.
> I have *probably* owned more Alfas than you[1], simply because I have
> owned more Alfas than most on this group[4]. I probably own more Alfas
> than you now[2]. Unless Alfa do something about their designs, I won't be
> buying another 'new' one. Although the design is not the only reason, it's
> a *very* substantial one. The new Alfas (Mito and Giulietta) are ugly
> IMHO.

1. Old enough. I am young in my head (think so) and that's all.
2. Now I have my 8th Alfa Romeo in life. Every one was bought new.
3. About "ugly" I said everything I had in my last answer to Zathras.
4. Wish you all the best in New year.

Old December 30th 09, 02:19 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:05:06 +0100, "J.D." >
wrote:

>Uhh my bad English!

No..your English is actually fine..better than some native speakers!

>You completly misunderstood me.

I understood you perfectly. Your explanation of where you stand was
always quite clear.

> It is a little problem
>for me to explain everything I want to say or what I think.
>I am not against anybody here, and not against german car lovers.
>Please try to understand. I read this newsgroup because I love
>Alfa Romeo. When I see Alfa Romeo on the road I think:
>Here it is, one of us. Alfa Romeo is my love and I am ready
>to forgive her everything. And when you love somebody or
>something you can not put in connection word "ugly" with
>her/him/it. For us, Alfisti, there is no other car then Alfa Romeo.
>Maybe it seems that I am not quite normal but it is the way it is.
>(In other things I am normal ).
>I was born like that, don't know why.

That's fine with me. However, I don't share your extreme level of
passion for Alfas. Even when I had mine, I could appreciate the flaws
as well as the good points. I am still a fan but I get ****ed off when
Alfa flaws, which should really have been sorted many years ago,
aren't..

>At the end I wish you a happy New Year.

Same to you..I hope you have a good one! :-)

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)

For sale: Giulietta '78 Monét Alfa Romeo 2 March 17th 06 05:01 PM
Giulietta '78 Monét Alfa Romeo 5 February 13th 06 09:50 AM
GTV and Giulietta SteveH Alfa Romeo 2 September 19th 05 04:39 PM
Giulietta is purring again :) Gordon Alfa Romeo 1 July 7th 04 04:15 PM
I 50 anni di Giulietta Bourne Alfa Romeo 2 May 13th 04 07:30 PM