We need to sell a Mustang race car

Old August 20th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_3_]

Default We need to sell a Mustang race car

Any ideas on where to advertise a 86 Mustang that runs low 10's? Has a ton
of expensive parts. We'll put it on Racingjunk.com, any Ford or Mustang
specific sites?

Al

Old August 21st 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich[_3_]

"Big Al" > wrote in
:

> Any ideas on where to advertise a 86 Mustang that runs low 10's? Has a
> ton of expensive parts. We'll put it on Racingjunk.com, any Ford or
> Mustang specific sites?
>
> Al

foureyedpride.com. Make sure you put it in the classifieds or it'll get
bounced.
Old August 21st 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Scott W.

http://members4.boardhost.com/MustangSteveads/

Old August 21st 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

I used Hemmings (www.hemmings.com) for my 66 Fastback.
Old August 21st 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Big Al wrote:
> Any ideas on where to advertise a 86 Mustang that runs low 10's? Has a ton
> of expensive parts. We'll put it on Racingjunk.com, any Ford or Mustang
> specific sites?

You might try Corral.net To be honest, now is a bad time to try and
sell a Fox Mustang, especially with a lot of performance parts, without
taking a bath on the price, IMO. I put my '89 LX on several sights,
Craig's List etc. for $7,000 and it has twice that value in speed parts
and didn't bet a nibble. I took just the blower off and sold it in a
week for $2,400 on Craig's List. Go figure. I suggest you part out the
speed parts and sell them separately. You'll get more interest and make
more money in the end. Many people already have a car but need the
speed parts to put on/in it.
Old August 28th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_6_]

"Spike" > wrote >
I used Hemmings (www.hemmings.com) for my 66 Fastback.

Spike!
You sold your car??????

WTF!!???

--
Kate
| _oooo_
|/l ,[____],
l-L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--)_)

My Hot Wheels Jeep:
06 Rubi, 4.0L, 4sp Auto, 4" Rough Country X-lift, JKS 1.25" BL 1"MML,
SwayLOC, Selby Rock rails, Warn M8000, Carr Rota w/a 6 pack, Cepek wheels &
33" Mud Country Tires, CB and more. 4:13s on each end going on THIS
weekend! Whoo Hoo!
I used to have money for the house
payment, food, electricity and the other basic necessities of life... now I
have a Jeep. Life is good.

Old August 28th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:57:44 -0500, "Kate" >
wrote:

>"Spike" > wrote >
>I used Hemmings (www.hemmings.com) for my 66 Fastback.
>
>Spike!
>You sold your car??????
>
>WTF!!???

Yep! Those last pictures cinched it.... getting a Jeep.

Of course not! I sold the 66 Fastback in order to buy the 65 I have
now. If you recall the shape the 65 was in when I bought it.....
the 66 (white w/red interior and dealer AC) was ready to roll. The
buyers flew in from Las Vegas, checked it out and bout it, and drove
it home by way of San Francisco and Tehachipi. Only problem the had
was an AC hose blew in the pass. He brought tools for the trip, and
had it up and running in 15 minutes.
--

Vintage Burgundy 65 Fastback 2+2, 289 OEM 4bbl, Custom C4,
OEM front disc/rear drum P/R&P, 16x8" V40s, BFG gForce
Old August 28th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_6_]

Aww man, there for a minute you had me goin!

oh, correct my sig will ya, on the other post...
those gears are 5.13's!

So, have you been our cruising ?
Pickin up girls, drag racing?

;¬D

wrote:

>"Spike" > wrote >
>I used Hemmings (www.hemmings.com) for my 66 Fastback.
>
>Spike!
>You sold your car??????
>
>WTF!!???

Yep! Those last pictures cinched it.... getting a Jeep.

Of course not! I sold the 66 Fastback in order to buy the 65 I have
now. If you recall the shape the 65 was in when I bought it.....
the 66 (white w/red interior and dealer AC) was ready to roll. The
buyers flew in from Las Vegas, checked it out and bout it, and drove
it home by way of San Francisco and Tehachipi. Only problem the had
was an AC hose blew in the pass. He brought tools for the trip, and
had it up and running in 15 minutes.
--

Vintage Burgundy 65 Fastback 2+2, 289 OEM 4bbl, Custom C4,
OEM front disc/rear drum P/R&P, 16x8" V40s, BFG gForce
T/A skins. Cobra drop, halogen and LED lighting.

What would a mustang in this good of shape sell for ? Les Benn Ford Mustang 0 March 10th 07 06:37 AM
What would a mustang in this good of shape sell for ? trok Ford Mustang 1 March 6th 07 07:33 PM
Where do I sell my new Mustang? dlkaj;dfkl Ford Mustang 16 March 28th 06 06:12 PM
Sell my 65 mustang Roxy Ford Mustang 3 March 21st 06 03:50 AM
Should I sell this mustang? Scott Paffrath Ford Mustang 7 February 3rd 05 02:57 AM