Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots

Old May 8th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Just3

Default Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots

Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots
If you ever have a spark plug boot that is hard to get off one way
that has worked good for me is to take a 2-3 foot 3/16 brake line and
screw it into a air nozzle and then file the end of the line to look
like a hypo needle and then insert it between the boot and wire and
give it a short blast of air. It will balloon out and then you can
pull it right off, once in a while if they are still stuck I will
spray a little brake clean in between the boot and wire and they slide
right off.
------
JustAutoParts - a place to find automotive parts and technical advice.
http://www.JustAutoParts.ca // http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/index.html
http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/AutoPartsWay.html
Old May 8th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N

On May 8, 1:40*pm, Just3 > wrote:
> Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots
> If you ever have a spark plug boot that is hard to get off one way
> that has worked good for me is to take a 2-3 foot 3/16 brake line and
> screw it into a air nozzle and then file the end of the line to look
> like a hypo needle and then insert it between the boot and wire and
> give it a short blast of air. It will balloon out and then you can
> pull it right off, once in a while if they are still stuck I will
> spray a little brake clean in between the boot and wire and they slide
> right off.
> ------
> JustAutoParts - a place to find automotive parts and technical advice.http://www.JustAutoParts.ca* // *http://justautoparts.googlepages.com...oPartsWay.html

wipe a little silicone grease on the spark plug before you reinstall
the boot and this will not happen again

nate
Old May 8th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
idbwill

On May 8, 1:45 pm, N8N > wrote:
> On May 8, 1:40 pm, Just3 > wrote:

> wipe a little silicone grease on the spark plug before you reinstall
> the boot and this will not happen again
>
> nate

Tell that to the goof that had it before me!

Old May 9th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I never have used silicone grease on spark plugs or spark plug wires and
I have never had any trouble removing the wires from the plugs.I give
them a little twist and a tug and they come right off.I have a tool that
I bought at an auto parts store years ago which is designed to aid in
removing spark plug wires, but I have needed to use it yet.
cuhulin

Old May 9th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
aarcuda69062

In article
Just3 > wrote:

> Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots
> If you ever have a spark plug boot that is hard to get off one way
> that has worked good for me is to take a 2-3 foot 3/16 brake line and
> screw it into a air nozzle and then file the end of the line to look
> like a hypo needle and then insert it between the boot and wire and
> give it a short blast of air. It will balloon out and then you can
> pull it right off, once in a while if they are still stuck I will
> spray a little brake clean in between the boot and wire and they slide
> right off.
> ------
> JustAutoParts - a place to find automotive parts and technical advice.
> http://www.JustAutoParts.ca //
> http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/index.html
> http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/AutoPartsWay.html

Reposting material from i-ATN...

....tsk-tsk
Old May 9th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Comboverfish

On May 8, 7:45*pm, aarcuda69062 > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *Just3 > wrote:
> > Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots
> > If you ever have a spark plug boot that is hard to get off one way
> > that has worked good for me is to take a 2-3 foot 3/16 brake line and
> > screw it into a air nozzle and then file the end of the line to look
> > like a hypo needle and then insert it between the boot and wire and
> > give it a short blast of air. It will balloon out and then you can
> > pull it right off, once in a while if they are still stuck I will
> > spray a little brake clean in between the boot and wire and they slide
> > right off.
> > ------
> > JustAutoParts - a place to find automotive parts and technical advice.
> >http://www.JustAutoParts.ca* // *
> >http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/index.html
> >http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/AutoPartsWay.html

> Reposting material from i-ATN...
>
> ...tsk-tsk

Sure the two articles seem similar, but this guy spelled balloon
correctly *and* added an oddly-capitalized title. It is completely
new material and therefore doesn't qualify as unauthorized
redistribution of content.

Toyota MDT in MO
Old May 9th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
aarcuda69062

In article
Comboverfish > wrote:

> On May 8, 7:45*pm, aarcuda69062 > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > *Just3 > wrote:
> > > Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots
> > > If you ever have a spark plug boot that is hard to get off one way
> > > that has worked good for me is to take a 2-3 foot 3/16 brake line and
> > > screw it into a air nozzle and then file the end of the line to look
> > > like a hypo needle and then insert it between the boot and wire and
> > > give it a short blast of air. It will balloon out and then you can
> > > pull it right off, once in a while if they are still stuck I will
> > > spray a little brake clean in between the boot and wire and they slide
> > > right off.
> > > ------
> > > JustAutoParts - a place to find automotive parts and technical advice.
> > >http://www.JustAutoParts.ca* // *
> > >http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/index.html
> > >http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/AutoPartsWay.html

> > Reposting material from i-ATN...
> >
> > ...tsk-tsk

> Sure the two articles seem similar, but this guy spelled balloon
> correctly *and* added an oddly-capitalized title. It is completely
> new material and therefore doesn't qualify as unauthorized
> redistribution of content.
>
> Toyota MDT in MO

Crap! My bad.

Gonna e-mail you when the onslaught dies down.

C-ya, gotta go check the DRB 3 cable I need on e-bay.
Old May 9th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Just3

On May 8, 6:45 pm, aarcuda69062 > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> Just3 > wrote:
> > Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots
> > If you ever have a spark plug boot that is hard to get off one way
> > that has worked good for me is to take a 2-3 foot 3/16 brake line and
> > screw it into a air nozzle and then file the end of the line to look
> > like a hypo needle and then insert it between the boot and wire and
> > give it a short blast of air. It will balloon out and then you can
> > pull it right off, once in a while if they are still stuck I will
> > spray a little brake clean in between the boot and wire and they slide
> > right off.
> > ------
> > JustAutoParts - a place to find automotive parts and technical advice.
> >http://www.JustAutoParts.ca //
> >http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/index.html
> >http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/AutoPartsWay.html

> Reposting material from i-ATN...
>
> ...tsk-tsk

Sorry, I really liked it but wont happen again
Old May 9th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
aarcuda69062

In article
Just3 > wrote:

> On May 8, 6:45 pm, aarcuda69062 > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > Just3 > wrote:
> > > Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots
> > > If you ever have a spark plug boot that is hard to get off one way
> > > that has worked good for me is to take a 2-3 foot 3/16 brake line and
> > > screw it into a air nozzle and then file the end of the line to look
> > > like a hypo needle and then insert it between the boot and wire and
> > > give it a short blast of air. It will balloon out and then you can
> > > pull it right off, once in a while if they are still stuck I will
> > > spray a little brake clean in between the boot and wire and they slide
> > > right off.
> > > ------
> > > JustAutoParts - a place to find automotive parts and technical advice.
> > >http://www.JustAutoParts.ca //
> > >http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/index.html
> > >http://justautoparts.googlepages.com/AutoPartsWay.html

> > Reposting material from i-ATN...
> >
> > ...tsk-tsk

> Sorry, I really liked it but wont happen again

Your troubles are just beginning.

spark plug socket wrench won't hold plug enough to remove Joe[_71_] Technology 13 February 3rd 20 02:31 PM
1988 samari spark plug boots baboo 4x4 2 September 14th 06 10:11 PM
AWA [OFFER] Spark Plug Wire, Spark Plug Wire Set [email protected] General 0 April 9th 06 03:51 AM
Oil on spark plug Dave Technology 0 March 16th 05 04:06 PM
Spark Plug help schism Mazda 8 October 4th 04 05:53 PM