Cheapest liability insurance for my old 1978 Dodge van.

Old February 14th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Cheapest liability insurance for my old 1978 Dodge van.

My next liability payment ($149.00) for the next six months liability
insurance for my old 1978 Dodge van is due before midnight of this month
before Feb 17.A guy who lives next door to me owns a 1987 Toyota pickup
truck.I was talking to him a short while ago.He says he pays GMAC
$100.00 each six months for liability insurance for his truck.I think I
need to look in my phone book and call GMAC.I used to have liability
insurance through Audubon, I was paying about $144.00 each year, but
Audubon stopped handling this state.I want to find the cheapest
liability insurance I can, my old van isn't worth more than that.I
hardly ever drive it anywhere anyway.
cuhulin

Old February 14th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
HLS

> wrote in message
> My next liability payment ($149.00) for the next six months liability
> insurance for my old 1978 Dodge van is due before midnight of this month
> before Feb 17.A guy who lives next door to me owns a 1987 Toyota pickup
> truck.I was talking to him a short while ago.He says he pays GMAC
> $100.00 each six months for liability insurance for his truck.I think I
> need to look in my phone book and call GMAC.I used to have liability
> insurance through Audubon, I was paying about $144.00 each year, but
> Audubon stopped handling this state.I want to find the cheapest
> liability insurance I can, my old van isn't worth more than that.I
> hardly ever drive it anywhere anyway.
> cuhulin

I checked out AARPs Hartford offer, and it was better than my local agent by
far, (for both liability and collision).

You might want to check one of these online insurance brokerages and see if
they
can help.

Old February 14th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Pete C.

aarcuda69062 wrote:

> In article >,
> wrote:
>
> > My next liability payment ($149.00) for the next six months liability
> > insurance for my old 1978 Dodge van is due before midnight of this month
> > before Feb 17.A guy who lives next door to me owns a 1987 Toyota pickup
> > truck.I was talking to him a short while ago.He says he pays GMAC
> > $100.00 each six months for liability insurance for his truck.I think I
> > need to look in my phone book and call GMAC.I used to have liability
> > insurance through Audubon, I was paying about $144.00 each year, but
> > Audubon stopped handling this state.I want to find the cheapest
> > liability insurance I can, my old van isn't worth more than that.I
> > hardly ever drive it anywhere anyway.
> > cuhulin

> Meaningless numbers without knowing the policy limits.

Yes, meaningless for comparisons. Cheapest will of course be the state
minimum coverage level, and the OP needs to realize that the value of
his vehicle has nothing to do with it since he is talking about
liability insurance, not comprehensive. Higher than minimum liability
coverage limits typically don't cost much more in premiums and are
better if the OP has assets to protect, though if the OP is driving a
1978 van that may not be an issue.
Old February 14th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

> wrote:
>My next liability payment ($149.00) for the next six months liability
>insurance for my old 1978 Dodge van is due before midnight of this month
>before Feb 17.A guy who lives next door to me owns a 1987 Toyota pickup
>truck.I was talking to him a short while ago.He says he pays GMAC
>$100.00 each six months for liability insurance for his truck.I think I
>need to look in my phone book and call GMAC.I used to have liability
>insurance through Audubon, I was paying about $144.00 each year, but
>Audubon stopped handling this state.I want to find the cheapest
>liability insurance I can, my old van isn't worth more than that.I
>hardly ever drive it anywhere anyway.
>cuhulin

Since you are a veteran, you should qualify for very good insurance
through USAA. Their liability coverage is cheap and their claims folks
are good.
--scott
Old February 15th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
SRN

> wrote in message
> My next liability payment ($149.00) for the next six months liability
> insurance for my old 1978 Dodge van is due before midnight of this month
> before Feb 17.A guy who lives next door to me owns a 1987 Toyota pickup
> truck.I was talking to him a short while ago.He says he pays GMAC
> $100.00 each six months for liability insurance for his truck.I think I
> need to look in my phone book and call GMAC.I used to have liability
> insurance through Audubon, I was paying about $144.00 each year, but
> Audubon stopped handling this state.I want to find the cheapest
> liability insurance I can, my old van isn't worth more than that.I
> hardly ever drive it anywhere anyway.
> cuhulin

If you have no accidents and no tickets, try GEICO for a low online quote. I
pay $106 for six months of coverage with the minimum limits of liability
policy on a 1989 Chevy. Corsica

Old February 15th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

SRN wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
>>My next liability payment ($149.00) for the next six months liability
>>insurance for my old 1978 Dodge van is due before midnight of this month
>>before Feb 17.A guy who lives next door to me owns a 1987 Toyota pickup
>>truck.I was talking to him a short while ago.He says he pays GMAC
>>$100.00 each six months for liability insurance for his truck.I think I
>>need to look in my phone book and call GMAC.I used to have liability
>>insurance through Audubon, I was paying about $144.00 each year, but
>>Audubon stopped handling this state.I want to find the cheapest
>>liability insurance I can, my old van isn't worth more than that.I
>>hardly ever drive it anywhere anyway.
>>cuhulin
>>

> If you have no accidents and no tickets, try GEICO for a low online quote. I
> pay $106 for six months of coverage with the minimum limits of liability
> policy on a 1989 Chevy. Corsica

GEICO is evil.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old February 15th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger

Nate Nagel > wrote in
:

> GEICO is evil.

But they have that cute gecko in their ads...

(I hated the caveman though.)

--
Tegger

Old February 15th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

A few years ago, I phoned that Geico toll free number.The guy on the
phone quoted a price of about four times what I am paying now.I will
check out that USAA thing in the morning.Maybe I can find their toll
free number (if they have one) online.

That is another thing I like about old vehicles.Low insurance rates and
I have a Vintage Truck license plate on my van, I bought that plate when
my van turned 25 years old.I don't ever have to buy anymore license
plates or a new decal sticker for the plate every year.Old vehicles are
money savers.
cuhulin

Old February 15th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Tegger wrote:
> Nate Nagel > wrote in
> :
>

>>GEICO is evil.
>>

> But they have that cute gecko in their ads...
>
> (I hated the caveman though.)

You gotta wonder how they have any money at all to pay out claims, what
with the blanket advertising and the radar guns and all.

SWMBO has USAA and is very happy; I pay a little more with State Farm
because they have better rates for vintage vehicles than any
non-specialty company.

nate