Failed AZ emissions

Old January 5th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Failed AZ emissions

I have a stock 91 GT that failed the AZ emissions test today, the
results are as follows: HC = 2.53 / 1.00 standard , CO = 14.76 / 12.00
standard, and it passed the NOX test. Any tips on getting it to pass?
My first reaction is to replace the cats, but as far as anything else I
have no idea. Thanks for any help in advance.

Old January 5th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"915.0Hatch" > wrote in
oups.com:

> I have a stock 91 GT that failed the AZ emissions test today, the
> results are as follows: HC = 2.53 / 1.00 standard , CO = 14.76 / 12.00
> standard, and it passed the NOX test. Any tips on getting it to pass?
> My first reaction is to replace the cats, but as far as anything else

> have no idea. Thanks for any help in advance.

Assuming that it's in good condition, start with the basics first. Give
it a good tune-up and try again.

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC
Old January 5th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Take it for a run, you need a good warm engine before the test.
Rick

Old January 6th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"915.0Hatch" > wrote:

> I have a stock 91 GT that failed the AZ emissions test today, the
> results are as follows: HC = 2.53 / 1.00 standard , CO = 14.76 / 12.00
> standard, and it passed the NOX test. Any tips on getting it to pass?
> My first reaction is to replace the cats, but as far as anything else I
> have no idea. Thanks for any help in advance.

High hydrocarbons... hmmm sounds like a short run grocery getter use
lately, not in real good tune. How much oil does it burn?

Tune up, Run engine warm blast it out with a good romp & run... change
oil, PCV valve and MAKE SURE screen under it is clean.

then romp it out for about 10 miles before going in to test.

you pay..DEAL with it!