Turbonator

Old October 27th 05, 11:40 PM
Lanny Chambers

Default Turbonator

In article >,
Alan Baker > wrote:

> Study up on "catalytic convertor", stoichiometric, and "thermodynamics"
> and then if you're still interested, install your "turbonator".

Nah, just google "TANSTAAFL." Pretty much the same concept as
thermodynamics, but easier to spell.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old October 28th 05, 12:15 AM
Alan Baker

In article >,
Lanny Chambers > wrote:

> In article >,
> Alan Baker > wrote:
>
> > Study up on "catalytic convertor", stoichiometric, and "thermodynamics"
> > and then if you're still interested, install your "turbonator".

> Nah, just google "TANSTAAFL." Pretty much the same concept as
> thermodynamics, but easier to spell.

:-D

> ---
> Lanny Chambers
> '94C, St. Louis
> http://www.hummingbirds.net/alignment.html

Lanny, two hyphens (dashes) and a space make a proper sig delimiter that
well-written newsclients will automatically trim from replies.

"-- ", not "---"

Cheers.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old October 28th 05, 01:13 AM
Leon van Dommelen

Lanny Chambers > wrote:

>In article >,
> Alan Baker > wrote:
>
>> Study up on "catalytic convertor", stoichiometric, and "thermodynamics"
>> and then if you're still interested, install your "turbonator".

>Nah, just google "TANSTAAFL."

I guess you, like Mr. Heinlein, have not met the creator of the turbonator.

Leon

> Pretty much the same concept as
>thermodynamics, but easier to spell.

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old October 28th 05, 01:39 AM
Leon van Dommelen

Grant Edwards > wrote:

>On 2005-10-27, Alan Baker > wrote:
>
>>> Ok has anyone actually put a turbonator on a miata? I wouldn't
>>> care about the HP but the MPG would be nice.

>> Ask yourself: If a device that simple could really do what it
>> claims, why isn't it being put on cars by the factories?

>Oh, you know, it's been prevented by the trilaterial comission,
>the big car companies, men in black, the illuminati, grey
>aliens... the usual cast of characters.
>
>Just for fun: what's a "turbonator"? Is like the the famous
>"tornado" devices?

It is a blockage that you put in your car's intake to get more
air flow. It also gets rid of the many microscopic droplets of
fuel that are normally, of course, in liquid form at 800C and
refuse to be burned, obstinately, and exit intact to the catalytic
converter. The turbonator gets rid of these particles by the
slight motion changes the obstruction causes, which, what else,
are greatly magnified by frictional effects in the passage
through intake, throttle, and intake valves, causing a "tornado"
that blasts the droplets apart just like you would blast the
droplets of a Florida thunderstorm apart by blowing really,
really, hard at them.

Old October 28th 05, 02:57 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Alan Baker > wrote:

> Lanny, two hyphens (dashes) and a space make a proper sig delimiter that
> well-written newsclients will automatically trim from replies.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old October 28th 05, 03:00 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Alan Baker > wrote:

> Lanny, two hyphens (dashes) and a space make a proper sig delimiter that
> well-written newsclients will automatically trim from replies.

....although, it only affects people who quote an entire article, rather
than highlighting only the relevant part(s) before pressing the Reply
key. :-)

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old October 28th 05, 04:52 AM
Alan Baker

In article >,
Lanny Chambers > wrote:

> In article >,
> Alan Baker > wrote:
>
> > Lanny, two hyphens (dashes) and a space make a proper sig delimiter that
> > well-written newsclients will automatically trim from replies.

> Thanks, I didn't know that.

My pleasure. <g>

Old October 28th 05, 05:00 AM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-10-28, Leon van Dommelen > wrote:
> Grant Edwards > wrote:

>>> Ask yourself: If a device that simple could really do what it
>>> claims, why isn't it being put on cars by the factories?

>>Oh, you know, it's been prevented by the trilaterial comission,
>>the big car companies, men in black, the illuminati, grey
>>aliens... the usual cast of characters.
>>
>>Just for fun: what's a "turbonator"? Is like the the famous
>>"tornado" devices?

> It is a blockage that you put in your car's intake to get more
> air flow.

Yea, it's pretty much identical to the "tornado" devices that
they used to sell on late night UHF TV stations (hell, maybe
they still do, I built a DVR box and don't watch live TV
anymore). Just for fun I looked at the turbonator web site.
When you read the testimonials, you don't know whether to laugh
or cry.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! ... bleakness...
at desolation... plastic