Interference engines

Old September 1st 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
None4You

Default Interference engines

Old September 1st 08, 12:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_4_]

usually, unless the owner is at or near the upper RPM range, then things go
bad real fast!

"> AFAIK If they are 8v, they are not usually an interference

Old September 1st 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bill Leary

Thanks all for your comments and observations.

I'll look into the age thing.

And that caused me to wonder something else. The car has fairly low
mileage. Depending on how much faith I put in the odometer, between 120 and
140K. But it spent several years sitting in a garage. I'm wondering if
sitting there, not moving, for all those years might not have also aged the
belt and contributed to this failure.

- Bill

Old September 1st 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Craig[_7_]

Absolutely. Age is just as big a factor for belts as mileage.