Cold air intake kits

Old March 2nd 05, 07:04 PM
Squirrel

Default Cold air intake kits

I am looking to add a cold air intake to my V6 01 stang. What are the
best brands out there? Has anyone already added one on there mustang
what are the benefits? And did you have any problems with instalation?

Thanks
Squirrel

Old March 2nd 05, 08:19 PM

Benefits? Looks good... performance? Nadda.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

oups.com...

Old March 2nd 05, 08:50 PM
Just A Guy©

I just installed one on my '04 V6. In terms of hp, Mike is right, not much
for a V6....2-4 hp if you're lucky. I do feel an extra bit of jump off the
line, but that's about it.....kinda similar to the quick throttle response
you get when you first start up after a cold night (after all, it is cold
air induction!). I bought a no-name brand off of eBay for about $30 + s&h,
and in my opinion, it was well worth it. That extra jump is worth $30 and
it also looks nice in the engine bay. Spending $100+ on a brand-name intake
just won't make sense unless you're planning to add a few more mods to the
air flow system (eg. new dual exhaust system or something). Even then, you
may be paying too much for a 5-6 hp increase. So if you want my advice, go
for a cheap eBay one.....you probably won't get the performance you want,
but hey, at least it looks nice!

Oh and as far as installation is concerned.....nothing to it. Go to
www.v6stangs.com for a walkthrough with pictures.

Just A Guy

oups.com...