Mustang Cobra replica wheels

Old March 18th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Mustang Cobra replica wheels

I have 1994 5.0 convertible. Car came with set of 17 x 9 replica cobra R
wheels.
One of the centers has been lost, chrome with black cobra.
Can anyone suggest where I might find a replacement?
(I know I will probably have to purchase a set of 4)
Answers greatly appreciated.

Old March 18th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Hey Harold,
if you can get one of the wheels off and look inside you may be able to find
a part number on the wheel. If you're lucky at all a manufacturer's name
might be on there somewhere. Either of these will help you track down a set
of center caps.
The caps are weird, in that every manufacturer has a different idea on how
they should fit and what diameter they should be so if you decide to go with
a different style, be certain that they will fit properly.

Best of luck and post your solution when you find it

Kate

"Harold Fontemier" > wrote in message
:
:

Old March 18th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Harold Fontemier wrote:
> I have 1994 5.0 convertible. Car came with set of 17 x 9 replica cobra R
> wheels.
> One of the centers has been lost, chrome with black cobra.
> Can anyone suggest where I might find a replacement?
> (I know I will probably have to purchase a set of 4)
> Answers greatly appreciated.

If I remember correctly (and maybe I don't) the original Ford Wheel emblems were
black with a chrome Cobra.
Anyway, lots of companies make replica wheels with their version of a replica
center cap. They usually sell the caps seperatly, but don't list them in their
catalog or web site. Try and find a brand name on your wheels and call them.
Failing that, look on the web for the many replica wheel makers and start calling them.

--
..boB
On Order: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Old March 18th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Thanks for the thoughts.
I should have said that the wheels have been off and have no markings at all
on the caps or wheels.
Resigned to the fact I may need custom made centers. Do not know where to
go.

. com...

Old March 19th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Before you give up try these guys

http://www.afswheels.com/v2/

I bought a set of wheels from AFS that had the Cobra centers but wanted the
pony centers. Sold the Cobra center not long ago on ebay.

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

Old March 19th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

AFS has one that has a similar snake to the factory wheel but not as pretty.
If I could see his I might be able to tell which he has.

KJK

"Richard" > wrote in message
: Before you give up try these guys
:
: http://www.afswheels.com/v2/
:
: I bought a set of wheels from AFS that had the Cobra centers but wanted
the
: pony centers. Sold the Cobra center not long ago on ebay.
:
: --
: Richard
:
: '94 GT 'vert
: Under Drive Pulleys
: Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
: High Stall Torque Converter
: 4:10 Gears
: Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
: FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
: FRPP M5400-A Suspension
: Laser Red
:
: "Harold Fontemier" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Thanks for the thoughts.
: > I should have said that the wheels have been off and have no markings at
: all
: > on the caps or wheels.
: > Resigned to the fact I may need custom made centers. Do not know where
: > go.
:
:

Old March 20th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Harold Fontemier wrote:
> Resigned to the fact I may need custom made centers. Do not know where to
> go.

They are all over ebay man no chance you need anything custom made

--
Simon
"I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain." -- Robert A. Heinlein
Old March 20th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Working on photo, thanks for the input.

news

Old March 22nd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

hey, i saw those center caps on all kinds of websites, try
oemperformancewheels.com or mustangsunlimited or 50resto, one of them
will definatly have what your looking for. you dont need custom one.
i had a question too, will 17x9 or maybe even 18x9 cobra R replicas fit
on a 90 mustang convertible? i was thinking of getting them for my car
but wasnt sure if they would fit. any ideas or opinions on this let me
know please