FS 1984 Vette

Old August 1st 06, 01:48 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

Default FS 1984 Vette

"PJ" > wrote in message
> Redbull wrote:
>> Yes..without a doubt the 1984 was and still is the worst
>> Vette ever made....ceasefire motor..hard ride.crappy
>> interior..dash that fails...things that crack..dash is
>> junk plastic or whatever...Bose system sucks big
>> time....windows take forever to cycle up and down..then
>> they fail open and you are really screwed....or don't go
>> down and you have to open the door to try to pay
>> tolls...windows/doors leak....window washer gives you a
>> bath if you have your window down.......... a real
>> nightmare of a vehicle....trouble is that not much has
>> changed..!!!!!!!!!!!

> Except for the 'bath' from the WSW, this sounds like the
> result of 22 years of dedicated maintenance and attention
> to small details.
>
> --
> PJ
> '89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe

ya got that right.
it sure is a lot to do all at once...

my2˘ (left)
:-)
--
"Key"
=====

Old August 11th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Art[_3_]

what did you change it to and what was th eresult. I'm thinking of changing
mine over to 3/2s.

Art

Old August 12th 06, 03:08 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Redbull

Changed my ceasfire to a 1990 TPI set up..runs great..very simple....all I
needed was a reworked engine harness and the tpi & computer from a late
model Vette...computer is mounted in the engine compartment same as in
1990...since I live in Florida I also removed the air pump and all the tubes
into the manifold..just welded the holes closed..must have removed 10 lbs
of garbage tubes,valves etc..really cleaned up the engine compartment.(
Florida has No inspections of any kind ,no emissions ..Florida gave up 3-4
mil $$$ in highway funds and did away with all inspections which were
costing the state 6-7 mil bucks.)

Old August 12th 06, 06:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Art" > wrote in message
t...
> what did you change it to and what was th eresult. I'm
> thinking of changing
> mine over to 3/2s.

Edelbrock PERFORMER SERIES®Carb,
flat-top 30 over pistons.