Car and Driver

Old December 4th 12, 09:06 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

Default Car and Driver

Cover story on the upcoming C7 Corvette. Apparently they have finally
improved the seats. 7-speed manual by Tremec. Michelin tires. As they
surmised, I don't like the taillights. Lots more...

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old December 4th 12, 09:46 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

"CardsFan" > wrote in message ...
> Cover story on the upcoming C7 Corvette. Apparently they have finally
> improved the seats. 7-speed manual by Tremec. Michelin tires. As they
> surmised, I don't like the taillights. Lots more...
>
> AJM
> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

I just skimmed that article in my issue. Hope they are correct in the C7
assessment. Looks like a great car. Too bad everyone's C6 just took a
$10k drop in value.

Old December 5th 12, 01:42 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rufus

uncle_vito wrote:
> "CardsFan" > wrote in message ...
>> Cover story on the upcoming C7 Corvette. Apparently they have finally
>> improved the seats. 7-speed manual by Tremec. Michelin tires. As they
>> surmised, I don't like the taillights. Lots more...
>>
>> AJM
>> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
>>

> I just skimmed that article in my issue. Hope they are correct in the C7
> assessment. Looks like a great car. Too bad everyone's C6 just took a
> $10k drop in value.

....if I can retrofit the better seats, I'm good.

--
- Rufus
Old December 5th 12, 03:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan[_2_]

"Rufus" wrote in message ...

uncle_vito wrote:
> "CardsFan" > wrote in message
>> Cover story on the upcoming C7 Corvette. Apparently they have finally
>> improved the seats. 7-speed manual by Tremec. Michelin tires. As they
>> surmised, I don't like the taillights. Lots more...
>>
>> AJM
>> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
>>

> I just skimmed that article in my issue. Hope they are correct in the C7
> assessment. Looks like a great car. Too bad everyone's C6 just took a
> $10k drop in value.

....if I can retrofit the better seats, I'm good.

--
- Rufus
___________________

Yeah, I love the seats in my car, but I'd love even more getting a base C7.
Maybe I will, but I'll have to relinquish the idea that a Corvette must have
a manual. The other half won't put with one, and we need two cars that
either of us can drive. At least the '93 is all mine, until they read the
will. ;^)

Save the wave.

Old December 6th 12, 01:39 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Observer

On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 13:46:02 -0800, "uncle_vito"
> wrote:

>"CardsFan" > wrote in message ...
>> Cover story on the upcoming C7 Corvette. Apparently they have finally
>> improved the seats. 7-speed manual by Tremec. Michelin tires. As they
>> surmised, I don't like the taillights. Lots more...
>>
>> AJM
>> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
>>

>I just skimmed that article in my issue. Hope they are correct in the C7
>assessment. Looks like a great car. Too bad everyone's C6 just took a
>$10k drop in value.

Maybe now's a good time to buy a C6 ??
Old December 6th 12, 02:09 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rufus

CardsFan wrote:
> "Rufus" wrote in message ...
>
> uncle_vito wrote:
>> "CardsFan" > wrote in message
>>> Cover story on the upcoming C7 Corvette. Apparently they have finally
>>> improved the seats. 7-speed manual by Tremec. Michelin tires. As they
>>> surmised, I don't like the taillights. Lots more...
>>>
>>> AJM
>>> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
>>>

>> I just skimmed that article in my issue. Hope they are correct in the C7
>> assessment. Looks like a great car. Too bad everyone's C6 just took a
>> $10k drop in value.
>>

> ...if I can retrofit the better seats, I'm good.

___________________

Yeah, I love the seats in my car, but I'd love even more getting a base C7.
Maybe I will, but I'll have to relinquish the idea that a Corvette must
have
a manual. The other half won't put with one, and we need two cars that
either of us can drive. At least the '93 is all mine, until they read the
will. ;^)

Save the wave.

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

....I haven't owned anything with an automatic trans since high school.

Both my C4 and my C6 Z06 are manuals, and I wouldn't allow it any other
way...but the seats in my C4 are HUGELY better than the ones in my C6.
I also miss being able to cinch my belts down and lock 'em in.

--
- Rufus
Old December 6th 12, 02:17 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

"Observer" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 13:46:02 -0800, "uncle_vito"
> > wrote:
>

>>"CardsFan" > wrote in message
>>> Cover story on the upcoming C7 Corvette. Apparently they have finally
>>> improved the seats. 7-speed manual by Tremec. Michelin tires. As they
>>> surmised, I don't like the taillights. Lots more...
>>>
>>> AJM
>>> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
>>>

>>I just skimmed that article in my issue. Hope they are correct in the C7
>>assessment. Looks like a great car. Too bad everyone's C6 just took a
>>$10k drop in value.
>>

> Maybe now's a good time to buy a C6 ??

Not really, wait until the C7 is out for awhile. There was no drop in the C6
prices, that's just Vito's wishful thinking, if he thinks at all. When the
C6 came out the C5 prices fell badly but rebounded about 4 months later. I
have no idea why and would guess it was just an auto market adjustment at
the time and had nothing to do with Corvette in particular.

For the difference in prices and there were two Corvettes for sale of equal
quality I'd take the C5 over the C6 any day of the week. Even after more
than 8 years driving the C6 I like the C5 more, just a fun car.

By the way the seats are just a different design, eye catching but same low
level material. The tail light design (if that is it) and the hatch along
with other poor design cues may keep me in the C6 for a long time. Right now
the only reason I would get one is to get out of the 6-speed, sometimes my
knees maker more noise that a missed 3rd gear.

Old December 7th 12, 12:07 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I[_2_]

On 12/5/2012 8:09 PM, Rufus wrote:

> ....I haven't owned anything with an automatic trans since high school.
>
> Both my C4 and my C6 Z06 are manuals, and I wouldn't allow it any other
> way...but the seats in my C4 are HUGELY better than the ones in my C6. I
> also miss being able to cinch my belts down and lock 'em in.

If it is like the C5 just pull the seat belt all the way out then fasten
it. It will retract and lock.
Old December 7th 12, 04:16 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rufus

Bob I wrote:

> On 12/5/2012 8:09 PM, Rufus wrote:
>>
>> ....I haven't owned anything with an automatic trans since high school.
>>
>> Both my C4 and my C6 Z06 are manuals, and I wouldn't allow it any other
>> way...but the seats in my C4 are HUGELY better than the ones in my C6. I
>> also miss being able to cinch my belts down and lock 'em in.
>>

> If it is like the C5 just pull the seat belt all the way out then fasten
> it. It will retract and lock.

....well, whaddayaknow? That is gonna make life a *LOT* better!

Thanks!

--
- Rufus
Old December 7th 12, 04:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
chaniarts[_3_]

On 12/6/2012 9:16 PM, Rufus wrote:
> Bob I wrote:
>>

>> On 12/5/2012 8:09 PM, Rufus wrote:
>>>
>>> ....I haven't owned anything with an automatic trans since high school.
>>>
>>> Both my C4 and my C6 Z06 are manuals, and I wouldn't allow it any other
>>> way...but the seats in my C4 are HUGELY better than the ones in my C6. I
>>> also miss being able to cinch my belts down and lock 'em in.
>>>

>> If it is like the C5 just pull the seat belt all the way out then fasten
>> it. It will retract and lock.

> ...well, whaddayaknow? That is gonna make life a *LOT* better!
>
> Thanks!

when i was autocrossing, i used a home-made belt cinch. basically, 2
pieces of Al 1"x5", with a hole in each end. a bolt/wingnut on each side
made it be a clamp.

move the seat backwards all the way, cinch the belt tight, add the
clamp, and move the seat forwards. it worked almsot as well as a 4 point
harness.