Left lane slow pokes now illegal in Illinois!

Old September 19th 04, 02:10 AM
Rufio

Also, having driven across the country a few times, I've found HOV lanes
that are full time & others that are select hours only - but different hours
in different states !

As for speed limits - most rural freeways in AZ are either 65 or 75. But
there was talk of raising the Phoenix-Tucson section of I-10 to 80 or 85 -
don't know why, as speed is not the problem. The problem is traffic density,
which results in slower vehicles, doing about 50 PASSING even slower
vehicles & causing a 3 mile back up. They don't need an 85 limit (most folks
do 90, given the chance - what they need is 3 lanes. But that would cost
more than changing the speed limit signs. Shame really, because the longer
they wait to do this, the more urban sprawl will raise the price of the
desert land, between the 2 cities :-(

"Tedd Riggs" > wrote in message
> That sure would be welcome ! I loved it when I lived in Germany and that
> was very strictly enforced as was someone on your right side

passing....fast
> ticket time. Now if they could get the HOV laws standardized. Most of our
> roads that have a HOV lane is HOV-2 (or motorcycle) a few are HOV-3 and

they
> vary as to some are far left lane and some are far right...and then others
> are HOV only during certain hours, so it tends to be a bit of a guessing
> game at times. At least the Speed Limit on most Washington Interstates

are
> 70 mph, so that helps.
> Thanks Diode !
> Tedd
>
> --
> Tedd Riggs
> Redmond, WA
> 1998 C5 6 spd
>

> "Diode" > wrote in message
> et...
> > Really. No joke. Here's the article:
> > http://fleetowner.com/ar/fleet_no_left_lane/
> > OK "dave", get the hell out of the left lane or get a ticket. Let's

hope

Old September 19th 04, 04:53 PM
Tedd Riggs

"ejecting them about 50 yards down the road or decapitating them"

Thanks, will remember that if I ever see you in the rearview mirror. But
would hate to mess up my nice Vette. Will have to mention it to the local
Hummer or dump truck drivers to be on the lookout.

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA

Old September 19th 04, 04:53 PM
Tedd Riggs

Old September 19th 04, 09:43 PM
I-zheet M'drurz

Tedd Riggs wrote:

> "ejecting them about 50 yards down the road or decapitating
> them"
>
> Thanks, will remember that if I ever see you in the rearview
> mirror. But would hate to mess up my nice Vette. Will have to
> mention it to the local Hummer or dump truck drivers to be on
> the lookout.

No, Tedd. I'll be the guy in *front* of you, doing 60-65-70
like everybody else on the road, and you'll be riding my ass
like the impatient, egotistical wiseguy that you are. Please
remember me in that last chapter of your life passing before
your eyes. It'll be about 1.5 seconds after I get tired of
your attitude and stand on my brakes.

HTH.

Old September 19th 04, 09:43 PM
I-zheet M'drurz

Old September 20th 04, 12:48 AM
Nate Nagel

I-zheet M'drurz wrote:

> Tedd Riggs wrote:
>

>>"ejecting them about 50 yards down the road or decapitating
>>them"
>>
>>Thanks, will remember that if I ever see you in the rearview
>>mirror. But would hate to mess up my nice Vette. Will have to
>>mention it to the local Hummer or dump truck drivers to be on
>>the lookout.

> No, Tedd. I'll be the guy in *front* of you, doing 60-65-70
> like everybody else on the road, and you'll be riding my ass
> like the impatient, egotistical wiseguy that you are. Please
> remember me in that last chapter of your life passing before
> your eyes. It'll be about 1.5 seconds after I get tired of
> your attitude and stand on my brakes.
>
> HTH.

You try that and I'll steer for your corner. Ever hear of the PIT
maneuver?

BTW, the road is no place to be playing little petty power games, 'cause
there's always someone out there willing to play rougher. But
apparently you haven't the maturity to figure it out. what's so
difficult about KRETP anyway?

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Old September 20th 04, 12:48 AM
Nate Nagel

Old September 20th 04, 01:48 AM
CardsFan

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> I-zheet M'drurz wrote:
>
>> Tedd Riggs wrote:
>>

>>>"ejecting them about 50 yards down the road or decapitating
>>>them"
>>>Thanks, will remember that if I ever see you in the rearview
>>>mirror. But would hate to mess up my nice Vette. Will have to
>>>mention it to the local Hummer or dump truck drivers to be on
>>>the lookout.

>> No, Tedd. I'll be the guy in *front* of you, doing 60-65-70
>> like everybody else on the road, and you'll be riding my ass
>> like the impatient, egotistical wiseguy that you are. Please
>> remember me in that last chapter of your life passing before
>> your eyes. It'll be about 1.5 seconds after I get tired of
>> your attitude and stand on my brakes.
>>
>> HTH.
>>

> You try that and I'll steer for your corner. Ever hear of the PIT
> maneuver?
>
> BTW, the road is no place to be playing little petty power games, 'cause
> there's always someone out there willing to play rougher. But apparently
> you haven't the maturity to figure it out. what's so difficult about
> KRETP anyway?
>
> nate

You're right, of course, but the guy is a stupid, stinking troll, and if we
all don't feed him, he'll go away.

AJM

'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old September 20th 04, 01:48 AM
CardsFan

Old September 20th 04, 01:50 AM
Tedd Riggs

"I-zheet M'drurz" attempted to write:

"like the impatient, egotistical wiseguy that you are."

Glad you think you are the expert on me. Besides I always leave a safety
zone while driving and I hardly doubt I would have any problems out
maneuvering you or getting stuck behind you. Or are you stuck in Berlin
because some smart person thru your rather moronic butt over the remains of
the wall ?

Plus only a idiot would take his aggressions out while on the road. So sorry
"I-zit" but your are about the farthest type of person there is from me as
my IQ is not the same as the average room temperature like yours.

Go play elsewhere Troll, you are a total joke and not worth spending any
more of my time on.