Most Big Suv/Truck owners deserve what they're they're paying at thegas pump

Old June 5th 08, 05:22 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Most Big Suv/Truck owners deserve what they're they're paying at the gas pump

"C. E. White" > wrote in message

> "Mike Dobony" > wrote in message
> .. .
>
>> Sorry, missed the original post.
>>
>> You are a total moron. Iraq is about terrorism. Saddam not only trained
>> terrorists, but also paid rewards to families of suicide bombers.

> Can't many of these same things be said about the rulers of Saudi
> Arabia -our supposedly good friends?

That's an inconvenient truth. Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the Middle
East. That's the country we should've invaded and placed under permanent new
management.

Old June 5th 08, 05:35 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
JoeSpareBedroom

"Wickeddoll®" > wrote in message
> "Topp@Work" ...
>>
>> "Wickeddoll®" ...
>>

>>> First of all, many Toyotas sold here are also *made* here.

>> And the $$ goes back to Japan regardless of where it's made......
>>

> But the paycheck goes to the US workers, so I'm not "putting people out of
> work" :-P
>
> I made several other points, which I see you conveniently snipped out.
>
> That speaks volumes.
>
> Natalie

Facts are so annoying to some people.

Detroit-worshippers love to babble about people being put out of work. But,
I owned a Ford in the late 1970s, and that car did its best to put ME out of
work. There's a limit to how many times a boss is willing to hear that you
can't get to work because your car broke down again for reasons having
nothing to do with how carefully you operated and maintained it.

My sister's late 70s Buick fried two transmissions in the first 120K miles,
despite good maintenance and careful driving. Another car that tried to put
its owner out of work...

1982 Tercel: 220K miles and my mechanic used to say "This car apparently
never ages." No telling how far it might've gone if some drunk hadn't
slammed into the back of it.

Old June 5th 08, 05:43 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
SMS

wrote:

> REPLY: Part of the freedom of this country is to drive whatever you
> like so long as you put it on the road legally, keep your insurance on
> it up to date, and drive it responsibly in a safe manner. If someone
> desires a big SUV or TRUCK then its thier perogative ; I , as others
> in here, enjoy Corvettes and frankly I dont care if gasoline goes to
> $10 per gallon as ill still drive my 1970 big block on weekends and
> continue to rack up approx. 1,000 miles on it per year. Im always
> chuckle when someone asks me what sort of gas mileage i get with it ;
> I tell them i didnt buy it for the gas mileage . I think the very
> last paragraph in your post was very uncalled for and a non sequitar.

What needs to be done is to implement a system where the freedom to
drive anything you want doesn't negatively affect those citizens that
are more responsible. This is what other countries, specifically in
Europe and Asia do.

What we're seeing is prices being driven up for _everyone_ because of
those that are driving the gas guzzlers driving up demand. The whole
world is actually paying for the lack of investment in any kind of
transit system in the U.S..

Raise the federal gas tax by $6 a gallon, and give an offsetting tax
credit of $5 per gallon for x number of gallons per year, i.e. $5 per
day for _one_ registered non-commercial vehicle _per_ licensed, income
tax-filing, driver. They'd have to let commercial vehicles not be
limited in the tax credit. The other $1 would go to high speed rail.

Other than for cross-country trips, high speed rail would be much more
fuel-efficient for shorter trips than airline travel is. Plus you can
run the trains on electricity generated from nuclear power. We need to
stop using fossil fuels for everything, just because they're cheap.
Old June 5th 08, 06:17 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Mike Dobony wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:49:35 -0700, wrote:
>

>>so drive your foreign little car and wish the economy was better. BUY
>>AMERICAN or you are part of the problem
>>old john
>>1999 chevrolet Tahoe
>>
>>Hello, Sal!
>>You wrote on Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:16:30 -0700 (PDT):
>>
>> S> They always shine their lights into cars rear view mirrors, they
>> S> always block other people's view and cause accidents in parking lots
>> S> even when they're parked with nobody in them.
>> S> SUVs and Trucks aren't any safer than cars as death rates and crash
>> S> tests prove, SUVs and Trucks are only good at hurting the people more
>> S> and killing more of the people who get hit by the SUV or Truck, and
>> S> not any better at protecting the people inside the SUV or Truck. The
>> S> only people who should use SUVs or Large trucks are people who have a
>> S> legit reason like towing a boat, horse trailer, job requirement, going
>> S> on a African Safari, etc. All the people who bought SUVs and Trucks
>> S> just to "look cool" when they should have really bought a station
>> S> wagon to fit all their needs deserve ALL THE PAIN THEY GET AT THE
>> S> PUMP.
>> S> If all those people who bought SUVs to look cool who only needed a
>> S> fuel efficient station wagon or their needs had bought the station
>> S> wagon instead, then the 4000+ soldiers who died in Iraq so you can
>> S> fill up your SUV may still be alive.
>>

>Sorry, missed the original post.
>
>You are a total moron. Iraq is about terrorism.

FWIW.........
Cheney/Bush have changed the reasoning many many times to suite their
reputation.....WMD, then Nukes,
then Freeing Iraqis, then bringing Democracy to the Area, then Fighting
Al Qaeda (which wasn't even there
before the Cheney/Bush fiasco), then Fighting Iran Insurgents. When one
doesn't pass the smell test, they just
come up with another one.

And Saadam wasn't by far the worst Dictator at the time...... Did
Cheney/Bush just throw a dart
against a map of Dictators and hit one that just happened to be down on
the list of the worst? Not Likely!
And you might be interested in the Massive War Profiteering that is
going on and who has/had direct ties
to the companies awarded the NO BID contracts to reap the profits of
this fiasco.....
or YOU might NOT be interested.. This whole thing stinks to High Heaven.

>Saddam not only trained
>terrorists, but also paid rewards to families of suicide bombers. He
>threatened other countries and continued clandestine weapons development.
>When the UN inspected sites, files had been removed before their arrival.
>Saddam was mad, but like Hitler, not stupid. The UN on the other hand . .
>. told Saddam where they were going to inspect days before the inspection.
>How many criminals would be caught if the judges required a waiting period
>and advanced notice for serving papers and drug raids? Talk about
>STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might want to read the Iraq Study Group Report..... or YOU might NOT
want to..
Saadam was hated by the Militant Muslim Groups/Countries, and barely
tolerated by the rest...
He never towed their Religious line. He wasn't in collusion with any of
them.

Cheney/Bush have gotten us into a giant oozing mess with no easy or
quick way out.
We broke it we not have to figure out how to fix it!! While they skulk
back to Texas
& Nebraska wiping their hands of the whole mess and leaving the next to
clean up their mess!
Shameful, utterly Shameful...

>>With best regards,
. E-mail:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old June 5th 08, 06:19 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

hachiroku wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:16:30 -0700, Sal wrote:
>

>>All the people who bought SUVs and Trucks just to "look cool" when they
>>should have really bought a station wagon to fit all their needs deserve
>>ALL THE PAIN THEY GET AT THE PUMP.
>>

>The problem with this is they are causing us all pain, since these large
>vehicles increase demand. We all pay for gas used (or over used) by these
>things.
>

>>If all those people who bought SUVs to look cool who only needed a fuel
>>efficient station wagon or their needs had bought the station wagon
>>instead, then the 4000+ soldiers who died in Iraq so you can fill up
>>your SUV may still be alive.
>>

>Not necessarily. The "blood for oil" thing never really paid off, did it?

No kidding...... Cheney/Bush even screwed that up! <shakes head>

Old June 5th 08, 06:19 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
JoeSpareBedroom

"Ric Seyler" > wrote in message

> Might want to read the Iraq Study Group Report..... or YOU might NOT want
> to..

That would mean becoming acquainted with actual facts. Don't be silly.

Old June 5th 08, 06:23 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Ric Seyler wrote:

> Cheney/Bush have gotten us into a giant oozing mess with no easy or
> quick way out.

> We broke it we not have to figure out how to fix it!!

<Should Read:> "...NOW we have to figure out how to fix it!"

Old June 5th 08, 06:24 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Wickeddoll®[_4_]

"JoeSpareBedroom" ...
> "Wickeddoll®"...
>> "Topp@Work" ...

>>> And the $$ goes back to Japan regardless of where it's made......
>>>

>> But the paycheck goes to the US workers, so I'm not "putting people out
>> of work" :-P
>>
>> I made several other points, which I see you conveniently snipped out.
>>
>> That speaks volumes.
>>
>> Natalie
>>

> Facts are so annoying to some people.
>
> Detroit-worshippers love to babble about people being put out of work.
> But, I owned a Ford in the late 1970s, and that car did its best to put ME
> out of work. There's a limit to how many times a boss is willing to hear
> that you can't get to work because your car broke down again for reasons
> having nothing to do with how carefully you operated and maintained it.
>
> My sister's late 70s Buick fried two transmissions in the first 120K
> miles, despite good maintenance and careful driving. Another car that
> tried to put its owner out of work...
>
> 1982 Tercel: 220K miles and my mechanic used to say "This car apparently
> never ages." No telling how far it might've gone if some drunk hadn't
> slammed into the back of it.

Yup. You don't see any late-model Toyotas on the back of wreckers, unless
they've been totaled, or has a nasty flat. You occasionally see early
models on the hook....very rarely, but occasionally.

I think Ford is getting way better, but it may be too late to win back
consumer confidence in their smaller vehicles. I hope not.

Natalie

Old June 5th 08, 06:28 PM posted to alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
JoeSpareBedroom

"Wickeddoll®" > wrote in message
> "JoeSpareBedroom" ...
>> "Wickeddoll®"...
>>> "Topp@Work" ...

>>> But the paycheck goes to the US workers, so I'm not "putting people out
>>> of work" :-P
>>>
>>> I made several other points, which I see you conveniently snipped out.
>>>
>>> That speaks volumes.
>>>
>>> Natalie
>>>

>> Facts are so annoying to some people.
>>
>> Detroit-worshippers love to babble about people being put out of work.
>> But, I owned a Ford in the late 1970s, and that car did its best to put
>> ME out of work. There's a limit to how many times a boss is willing to
>> hear that you can't get to work because your car broke down again for
>> reasons having nothing to do with how carefully you operated and
>> maintained it.
>>
>> My sister's late 70s Buick fried two transmissions in the first 120K
>> miles, despite good maintenance and careful driving. Another car that
>> tried to put its owner out of work...
>>
>> 1982 Tercel: 220K miles and my mechanic used to say "This car apparently
>> never ages." No telling how far it might've gone if some drunk hadn't
>> slammed into the back of it.
>>

> Yup. You don't see any late-model Toyotas on the back of wreckers, unless
> they've been totaled, or has a nasty flat. You occasionally see early
> models on the hook....very rarely, but occasionally.
>
> I think Ford is getting way better, but it may be too late to win back
> consumer confidence in their smaller vehicles. I hope not.
>
> Natalie

My 92 Taurus wasn't bad, except for the fusible link they located down near
road level, with a cheesy plastic cover that did nothing to protect the
thing from salt. One day, dead car. $50 to tow it, but luckily, my mechanic
decided to redesign the thing using his own materials, so the repair was
cheap. Still, though, if that had happened in the middle of nowhere...

Old June 5th 08, 06:32 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

On Jun 5, 12:22*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> "C. E. White" > wrote in messagenews:4847f034$1@kcnews01...
>

> > "Mike Dobony" > wrote in message
> . ..

> >> Sorry, missed the original post.

> >> You are a total moron. *Iraq is about terrorism. *Saddam not only trained
> >> terrorists, but also paid rewards to families of suicide bombers.

> > Can't many of these same things be said about the rulers of Saudi
> > Arabia -our supposedly good friends?

> That's an inconvenient truth. Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the Middle
> East. That's the country we should've invaded and placed under permanent new
> management.

But the government doesn't care about that. The rulers of Saudi Arabia
keep the oil flowing to the US freely and that's all that matters.
Saddam had signed oil contracts with China and Russia and now those
contracts are VOID.
People who think the Iraq war was about WMDs or Terrorism probably
took the SHORT BUS to school when they were kids.