It happened..

Old September 20th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Manu

Default It happened..

Hi Gang:

I was backing out tweety, my 99 Black Miata MX5 in the parking lot and
ran a bit into a yellow pillar.
The damages are in the vicinity of the right headlight - a dent
towards the side and the bumper under the headlight took the beating.

Since I was < 10 miles, the bumper isn't bend or anything; but the
black film on the bumper is coming out. Similarly the dent isn't
bad.The main problem is that since the pillar was yellow, both the
bumper and dent are displaying yellow streaks.

I was thinking of black tape on bumper and black spray on the dent.
All ideas/suggestions will be eagerly lapped up.

Thanks
Manu

Old September 20th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

I would try "rubbing compound" first. You can get it at any auto parts
store.

Be sure to go EASY on it. The paint is thin on a Miata.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old September 21st 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Manu

On Sep 20, 3:28 pm, Natman > wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:47:39 -0700, (BRUCE HASKIN)
> wrote:
>
> >I would try "rubbing compound" first. You can get it at any auto parts
> >store.

> >Be sure to go EASY on it. The paint is thin on a Miata.

> > Bruce Bing '03 LS

> I would try *polishing* compound first. Rubbing compound is more
> abrasive and is intended to remove heavy oxidation.

Thanks mates..
I'll try the polishing first.
Will let the group knows how it goes by Monday

Thanks again..
Manu

Old September 22nd 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

If you want to try something even less invasive (and you might have it at
the house), I would try a 'cleaner' wax. I've used Maguires cleaner wax to
remove many similar scuffs. Works pretty well.

Chris
99BBB

ups.com...

Old September 22nd 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

i would try detailers clay. autobarn and others sell a kit made by
'mothers' called something like california gold detailers kit. for about
$15 it comes with a bar of clay that you can use to detail the entire car,
the lubricant spray you use with the clay, and a small sample sized bottle
of cleaner wax. if that doesn't take off the yellow then try the polishing
compound, then rubbing compound as last resort.

Old September 28th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Hey, hey! I read that. Watch it dude, I need these fenders.

Chris
99BBB

Old September 28th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

superfluous factory add-ons! They effect my top speed and my gas mileage in
a positive way, I think I'll hold on to them thank you although; the offer
of the steelies in trade is tempting ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old October 2nd 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

> Pat - hiding out, Chris is not that far away........

You're safe but we do need to go driving again! Alignment tomorrow :-) very
exciting!

Chris
99BBB