2000 SL1 automatic transmission noises. Help!

Old May 7th 04, 09:27 PM
Jim X

Default 2000 SL1 automatic transmission noises. Help!

My transmission exhibits no other noises except that tapping sound. My
car currently has about 50k miles on it. I drive this car to work with
round trip about 15 miles. But we do have long distance travels in the
summer. We live in Illinoise where the temperature can go very low in
the winter which is also not good for a car.

I used quaker state dexron III atf and the oem filter. I may replace
the atf with saturn atf just want to see if this can solve the
problem.