Corvette Storage

Old November 19th 09, 05:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_3_]

Default Corvette Storage

Does anyone know of a good product to keep the mice away? Thanks from
CT.

Old November 19th 09, 06:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a good product to keep the mice away? Thanks from
> CT.

I used to surround my car with that green poison "mouse food". Like 12 trays
of it.
It does not kill instantly, so you may get some "mouse activity" but it
sure minimizes it. I never had any mouse "damage".... but I found a few
dead mice on the floor mats and in the tailpipe. You could also put glue
traps on the front floor mats... to get anone thinking of going up under
that dash.

-W

Old November 19th 09, 07:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Gary Mishler

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a good product to keep the mice away? Thanks from
> CT.

I have heard of ppl puttting clothes dryer sheets under the hood and in the
passenger compartment. I don't like the idea of poisons because they eat it
and just go somewhere to die, often times where you don't want them. Glue
boards don't work well when it gets below freezing but I do lay them on the
floor boards anyway. Otherwise I put dryer sheets under the hood, put snap
traps by each wheel, plug the exhaust ports with foam. Beyond that I have
traps along the walls near the garage doors. I had one mouse do $300 worth
of damage to my fuel injector wiring, cabin air ducts/fan, and hood liner.
A friend of mine who is a professional exterminator recommended I do what I
described above.

Would be interested in hearing what others have had work and not work for
them.

Mish

Old November 20th 09, 12:33 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"Gary Mishler" >

> I had one mouse do $300 worth
> of damage to my fuel injector wiring, cabin air ducts/fan, and hood liner.

I find that amazing still.
One little mouse with a pet store retail value of 49 cents can do that much
damage.

-W

Old November 20th 09, 03:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Smarty

--

My one year old 2006 convertible got mice trapped in the trunk over the
winter and they stunk the car up horrendously.

After getting the car cleaned and getting the stink out of it, I asked
the same question on another newsgroup and was told that moth balls
were a good way to keep the mice away. I used them last winter and they
made a stink much much worse than the dead mouse the prior winter. I
had to rent a ozone generator twice, shampood the carpets several
times, washed down all the rubber and plastic and leather with many
detergents, and the moth ball smell still persisted. It took nearly 4
months to get the car aired out and fresh again.

This winter I am using Irish Spring soap, recommended by some car
detailing folks. It is a strong smell but apparently not offensive. I
will know better in the Spring how well it works out, Others have
suggested cedar wood chips / shavings.....
Old November 21st 09, 03:06 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Bob G. wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good product to keep the mice away? Thanks from
> CT.

My C5 gets parked in a neighbor's feedbarn. We
park the wheels in large plastic pans (upside
down garbage can lids). We fill the lids with
cellulose house insulation. (shredded newsprint
that's chemically fireproofed.)

No mice evidence but I'm getting some
discoloration of the tires.

So far, no mice have jumped from the rafters.

--
pj
Old December 6th 09, 07:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
George[_17_]

On Nov 21, 2:06*am, pj > wrote:
> Bob G. wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a good product to keep the mice away? *Thanks from
> > CT.

> My C5 gets parked in a neighbor's feedbarn. We
> park the wheels in large plastic pans (upside
> down garbage can lids). *We fill the lids with
> cellulose house insulation. *(shredded newsprint
> that's chemically fireproofed.)
>
> No mice evidence but I'm getting some
> discoloration of the tires.
>
> So far, no mice have jumped from the rafters.
>
> --
> pj

I bought an ultra sonic anti mosquito device that plugs into the
mains. It is claimed to keep away cats dogs mice rats etc and I have
had one plugged in near my car for two winters now with no signs of
any mice about. It does not consume hardly any current, either.

Best of luck. George.

Storage Options For Hard Top TJ Storage Other Than Hanging From Ceiling Rickster the Jeepster Jeep 5 May 18th 07 09:40 PM
Reposts 1957 Corvette Roadster-red&wht-hood storage=mx=.jpg (1/1) 58331 bytes [email protected] Old Timers Photos 0 March 29th 07 06:55 AM
Reposts 1957 Corvette Roadster-red&wht-hood storage=mx=.jpg (1/1) 58331 bytes [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 29th 07 06:31 AM
corvette storage labtech1 Corvette 3 March 22nd 07 07:42 PM
Storage Sid54 Technology 4 September 26th 05 05:02 AM