Value

Old November 15th 05, 09:17 AM
NXS

Default Value

A Black 1996 Mazda Miata with 86,000 original miles, new top with 5
year warranty,back cut valves, polished and ported exaust matched to
headers with tuned exaust, ballanced rods and crank, 8 lb. flywheel, 2
stage racing clutch, monster air intake,17 in. wheels. 3,000 miles on
engine, block studded for turbo. What sort of value would this car
bring?.
Bidding starts at $8500.

Old November 16th 05, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"NXS" > wrote:

>A Black 1996 Mazda Miata with 86,000 original miles, new top with 5
>year warranty,back cut valves, polished and ported exaust matched to
>headers with tuned exaust, ballanced rods and crank, 8 lb. flywheel, 2
>stage racing clutch, monster air intake,17 in. wheels. 3,000 miles on
>engine, block studded for turbo. What sort of value would this car
>bring?.

Well, according to edmunds.com, the private party true market value
price for a base 96 Miata is less than $3,400. However, that is with a
clean vehicle history. Here we have a heavily modified car with all
the corresponding potential problems and added wear, and with high
mileage, with apparently enough damage to require an engine replacement,
monsterflow intake letting enough silicon in to ground down the new
engine again, and continue to work on the surviving engine parts,
suspension bushings worn down by heavy 17 inch wheels that probably did
not even have the right offset, causing excessive loads on the suspension
components, in addition the car presumably was turboed, Lord knows with
how much boost, considering the clutch, and an owner who wants to sell
3,000 miles after apparently replacing the engine and top.

Anyone who would pay more than $2,000 should contact me for business
opportunities.

> Bidding starts at $8500.

Anything is possible on E-Bay! I hope they do not require insurance
or financing. Let us know how it goes.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old November 16th 05, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Ouch! I wonder how much of that you actually 'nailed'. It's all in the
perspective, eh?

Chris
99BBB

Old November 17th 05, 09:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Ken Lyons wrote:
> There's a Marble White NC on a local dealer's lot. That is a real nice
> creamy white. Has anyone noticed "Brilliant Black" is the only color to
> continue from the NA through the NB into the NC? The best always prevail.

Hmmph. They may not have continued Classic Red through all three
generations but at least there's still a RED available! Actually two Reds.
Two members of our club have bought 06 models in different Reds - the
Copper Red has a subtle metallic that is gorgeous!

Nope, not gonna trade my baby in on a new(er) one.

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old November 17th 05, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote
> I was kidding. I am not selling my car, though I have a new white
> grand touring Miata on order.

There's a Marble White NC on a local dealer's lot. That is a real nice
creamy white. Has anyone noticed "Brilliant Black" is the only color to
continue from the NA through the NB into the NC? The best always prevail.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old November 18th 05, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Ken Lyons" > wrote:

>"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote
>> I was kidding. I am not selling my car, though I have a new white
>> grand touring Miata on order.

>There's a Marble White NC on a local dealer's lot. That is a real nice
>creamy white. Has anyone noticed "Brilliant Black" is the only color to
>continue from the NA through the NB into the NC? The best always prevail.

Actually, there are not enough options. It is either shiny black or dull
black, and dull black is only popular with teachers that want to use
their car as a blackboard outside the classroom.

In any case, the shade of white has little effect on its speed enhancement
effects and Florida-heat repellent properties, and the more broken it is,
the less frequently the car needs to be washed. Within reason of course;
when it becomes black it has to be washed and polished every hour.