Vue roof rack question

Old June 19th 04, 05:54 PM
Cliff Hartle

Default Vue roof rack question

I need to know if the Vue roof rack works with the kind of car top carrier
that I have, a standard small Sears cargo box .

My old van had bars that went across the top of the vehicle and along the
sides. I could nestle the box between the across bars and attach the straps
to the side bars.

On the Vue there are no side bars so the box would have to be attached to
the rain gutters and I don't think that's going to work.

I have seen boxes like this sitting on top of the across bars, but I don't
think my box is designed for this kind of install.

I would much rather use one of the soft canvas car top carriers, but they
all require attaching a few straps to the bars running along the sides.
Again nothing to attach to. I also don't think there is any roof rack
accessory from Saturn for this purpose.

My ideas are to either make some sort of attachment that screws into the
threaded studs that used to install the cross bars or to make some sort of
bars that attach under the factory bars. I would use either of these to
attach the side straps to the Vue.

Does any of this make any sense?

Attaching a roof rack lab~rat Dodge 4 October 21st 04 07:37 PM
Top Five roof rack for Jeep Wrangler Scott 4x4 0 March 28th 04 04:42 PM