C.A.R.S. open beta

Old October 12th 11, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
rms[_4_]

Default C.A.R.S. open beta

An interesting project here if you're looking for something new:
http://www.wmdportal.com/

rms
Old October 13th 11, 07:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

(rms) wrote:

http://www.wmdportal.com/

It's a very interesting project, but feels a bit too "Shifty" so far. I do worry
that the somewhat unsettling controls are fundamental to that engine.

There is hope for improvement though, and cranked up to max it looks absolutely
gorgeous. It also, sadly, makes my 5870 cry with any FSAA on, and without FSAA
there are graphics problems.

Still, new build & track Friday.

Andrew McP

Old October 13th 11, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Foke

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:39:46 -0600, "rms" >
wrote:

>An interesting project here if you're looking for something new:
>http://www.wmdportal.com/
>
>rms

Man, this is going to be sweet! Because the relationship between Slightly
Mad Studios and EA was severed, there will be no further patches/fixes to
Shift 2 Unleashed. I like Shift 2, but it needs some work. Now there's a
chance to start fresh and take the publisher out of the picture. And,
instead of bolting on a PC port after the fact, this one is getting PC
loving straight out of the chute. If an early alpha looks this good, (and
it looks REAL good) then the final product will be a game changer. Can't
wait!
Old October 14th 11, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Signed up on the Forum, how do you get access to the downloads?

GR

Old October 14th 11, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

10 Euros (minimum) to play a beta????

Is that correct?

Old October 15th 11, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ken MacKay[_3_]

On Oct 14, 7:26*pm, GaryR > wrote:
> 10 Euros (minimum) *to play a beta????
>
> Is that correct?

Yes. Got to the same point after signing up to the forum and there
does appear to be an entry fee. However I understand it's a onetime
fee (unlike another sim where you have to pay monthly to participate
as they develop it.) Also don't know what happens when it goes from
beta to production, for example to you get a discount of the release
version, or get it for "free" if you paid up to one of the higher
levels?

I wonder how many signed up for the 25k subscription? Is there some
sort of return for this kind of investment?

Very interesting project.

nkpro 1.1 public beta Rolf Wesemann Simulators 9 August 16th 09 01:52 PM
MMG Open BETA TEST for F1 2007 Mod!! John[_41_] Simulators 3 February 22nd 08 09:13 PM
NSR Beta Patch Larry[_1_] Simulators 5 July 20th 06 02:22 PM
FIRST - Beta Testers Byron Forbes Simulators 0 December 9th 04 05:09 AM
Nordschleife BETA for GTR Uwe Schürkamp Simulators 6 November 20th 04 10:07 AM