C-3 Fan Shroud

Old October 5th 06, 02:19 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jamie

Default C-3 Fan Shroud

Does anyone know what the differance is in the 76 early and 76 late fan
shrouds all I know is one is $155.55 and one is $530.00
I broke the top of mine about 8 inches long when the Harmonic balancer
got caught on it and damn does the car run hot!!!

Old October 5th 06, 02:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kickstart

"Jamie" ...
> Does anyone know what the differance is in the 76 early and 76 late fan
> shrouds all I know is one is $155.55 and one is $530.00

$374.45

Old October 5th 06, 05:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jamie

LoL..thats what my wife said ...she also said you better hope the cheeper
one is what you need
news

Old October 5th 06, 06:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Kickstart

> LoL..thats what my wife said ...she also said you better hope the cheeper
> one is what you need

I dont know why they put a cheaper price out, no one ever needs that one

Good luck

>> $374.45

couldn't resist it

Old October 5th 06, 09:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jamie

I think we missed the point of this conversation...lol
The 76E (early model) fans Shroud was $530. the 76L (late model) was $155.
or vise versa whats the (Physical) differance (had to throw that in there)
in these fan shrouds will they both work?..or are they manufactured
different?

Old October 5th 06, 10:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rodent[_1_]

Hi Jamie, according to the parts manual.......
Early design part#368681(plastic) "no angular tabs for shroud mounting"
Late design part#379937(14028585) "With angular tabs for shroud mounting"
Late design continued through to 1980 excepting sp h/per models, which would
be L82 i presume.

cheers
Jim

Old October 5th 06, 11:04 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
rodent[_1_]

Just found this on the Docs site, explanation of 76 early and late are down
near the bottom.
http://www.docrebuild.com/dr-r-web/FAN-SHROUD.HTML

cheers
Jim

Old October 6th 06, 02:58 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jamie

Thanks Jim
Thats the Info I was looking for and the price is alot better too!!

Auxiliarry fan shroud Yvan BMW 1 September 22nd 06 12:48 PM
67 Mustang: Fan rub on shroud pony67 Ford Mustang 5 August 4th 05 05:30 PM
98 Accord Sedan Low Beam Bulb - HB4 51 watt or 55 watt? How to Remove/Replace shroud? Don Enderton Honda 9 December 7th 04 06:24 PM
Oil-Pan Shroud Question Brian Running VW water cooled 7 September 23rd 04 01:09 AM