NASCAR 2003 or NASCAR Racing 4?

Old February 19th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default NASCAR 2003 or NASCAR Racing 4?

(Scott B. Husted) wrote:

> Hell, I'm not even sure if I could figure out how to install
> it in the proper format anymore

My GPL installation went a little pear-shaped after a HD upgrade last
year, and I've never really got to the bottom of why. As you say, it's a
little complex to put back together from scratch these days... especially
when you add in the complication of restoring your setups and remembering
which ones you were using at which track.

All in all it's easier to just fire up GTL and go thrash a mini to death.
But I still have GPL on my PC. I'd feel disloyal if I didn't. :-)

Andrew McP
Old February 20th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

the 05 mod that floated around , was the best!

Old February 20th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Rick,

The best online experience comes from NascarRacing 2003 Season
http://search.ebay.com//search/searc...+2003+Sea son.
I have raced and supported servers for all the Nascar SIMs and only one
is in demand from people wanting to pay money for servers and that's
Nascar Racing 2003 Season. By far it is the most complete SIM ever
produced. Released in February of 2003 with an additional 3 physics
released within the patch in September of 2003.

Sim Racing Connection will direct you to all the resources you need
http://simracingconnection.com/. Most server companies support many mods
and FLOG http://flog.com supports 14 mods that included Craftmans
Trucks, TransAm and Busch Grand National. The owners of the physics
engine, who are all former Papyrus people, allowed Redline Developments
http://www.redlinedevelopments.com/ to make a sports car racing SIM/MOD
of the 1990 IMSA GTO/FIA Group season with four different physics. It is
also supported with cheat detection through the VROC
http://new.vroc.net/ race matching system which is also loaded when you
install GTP. Download it he
http://download.boomtown.net/en_uk/a...ew.php?id=7164

Nascar Racing 2003 Season still has dozens if not hundreds of full
leagues as it has the most complete features for league managers. Many
SIMs have come out saying they where the next great thing but the
formula that NR2003 has hit the nail on the head. With over 400 tracks
it will take the new SIMs at least a year to catch up to NR2003 if then.

No doubt there are other SIM coming that will someday displace NR2003,
but if you want to have fun SIM racing with a SIM that is well support
and with many still existing leagues, NR2003 is "still the one."

rFactor http://rFactor.net is the heir apparent and there is allot of
development being done by the MOD community that will someday bring it
up to the quality of NR2003, but it ain't happened yet. NR2003 is the
now and rFactor is the future.

If you want to judge a SIMs popularity just look at the SIMs the game
server leasing companies support. GTR and GTL are only a tiny blip on
the radar compared to NR2003 and the future rFactor. That's because the
knowledgeable league managers evaluate these SIM and give their members
the best racing experience.

Niles Anders

Old February 21st 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

PlowBoy wrote:
> lol I see I forgot to post the link the other day? nobody cared?
> FWIW,,, http://adc.speedgeezers.com/gplhtml/GPLInstallAnd65Mod

I was going to say something, but with being sick from the flu the past
week, I figured I was just missing something. LOL

--
Scott B. Husted
http://www.Husted.cc
Old February 21st 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Niles, thanks much for the link to Sim Racing Connection.
This will be a good read and resource.

Rick

Old February 23rd 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

If you like racing on 35 BR tracks

I'm still reeling ...

. com...